ME3 Connection to EA server failure

by xKazzyFox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ME3 Connection to EA server failure

★ Novice

Kay, what happens is I start up the game, and it says checking DLC. Then it tries to connect to the EA servers and I suddenly get signed out of PSN completely. Then I press triangle to 'connect to EA servers' and sign back into PSN and then an error screen pops up saying I must be connected to PSN to access online features. Why does it kick me off PSN? Am I banned from EA servers? Because I've not recieved any email notifications ot tell me if that is the case. 

I also know it's nothing to do with my internet connection because i've created a new account and i've just got an N7 Valiant and a Talon merc out of the gift packs. I can't even get into multiplayer on my real account.

So could someone explain what is going on. I really miss my Geth Juggernaut. (His name is Paul Weller)

Message 1 of 8 (739 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ME3 Connection to EA server failure

★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys.

I think i figured it out. I was also having problems accessing my account management on the PS3 so I went to the PSN support. It seems that for some reason that after update 4.60 people have been having problems with online games. It appears to be PSN have changed their password policy but not told any one. So if you have recurring charaters i.e. 1111Barry or AAAAA987 in your password it won't be accepted. Now this didn't apply to my password but I changed it any way and hey presto I'm back on the multiplayer no problem.

Hope this works for you guys. I'm just a little pissed that if Sony did want us to update our passords why we weren't at least sent an e-mail first giving us a heads up. Bunch of Douches. I've also included a link so you can check it out yourselves.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/PSN-signing-out-issue/td-p/21717297

P.S. EA do you want to give me a job I'm doing your work for you?

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (724 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Happens to me too.  Only started today, played fine yesterday.

Another companies on-line game is fine.  It's definitely the "Sign into EA servers" bit that kicks you off PSN.

Oddly, in ME_2_, you can connect to EA's servers just fine.  However, then going to "extras -> Downloadable content" kicks you out with a "This password is not valid" message.

With ME3, getting to the menu, signing back into PSN, going to extras & cancelling back to the main menu gets you the "Downloadable content" entry back.  Trying that also gets you kicked out of PSN with a "This password is not valid" message.

My partners account on the same console (different PSN & EA ID's, separate online pass) does _not_ have the same issue.

Message 2 of 8 (722 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh, and before anyone says anything about the passwords being wrong, my PS3 remembers both & they haven't changed since yesterday.  Also, my PSN password is fine (works for other games), and my EA password is fine (works for here & N7HQ).  Problem between EA & the PSN servers?

Message 3 of 8 (719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having exactly the same problem has anyone got any solutions?

Message 4 of 8 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys.

I think i figured it out. I was also having problems accessing my account management on the PS3 so I went to the PSN support. It seems that for some reason that after update 4.60 people have been having problems with online games. It appears to be PSN have changed their password policy but not told any one. So if you have recurring charaters i.e. 1111Barry or AAAAA987 in your password it won't be accepted. Now this didn't apply to my password but I changed it any way and hey presto I'm back on the multiplayer no problem.

Hope this works for you guys. I'm just a little pissed that if Sony did want us to update our passords why we weren't at least sent an e-mail first giving us a heads up. Bunch of Douches. I've also included a link so you can check it out yourselves.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/PSN-signing-out-issue/td-p/21717297

P.S. EA do you want to give me a job I'm doing your work for you?

Message 5 of 8 (725 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this problem on PC, and always in the middle of a match. Suddenly it quits with that error message and I'm back into the main menu. Annoying as hell.

Message 6 of 8 (687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

RagnorakXIII - Changing PSN password fixed it for me, thanks!

This is a pretty terrible Fail for Sony. Why does an incorrect password log you into somethings, but not others? Also, my password with a couple of repeating characters was months old, was it validating the password rules on the login forms (usability fail), or storing the password in a retrievable format (major security fail)?

Gladatorium - Why on earth would you be logged into the Playstation network for playing on the PC??? And how would that have an effect???

Message 7 of 8 (682 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have only the EA servers issue. Obviously.

Message 8 of 8 (675 Views)