Re: can't buy mass effect 3 DLC bundle

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

@Termatinator @CyberGraveUK @Arctiic_Frost - Huge thanks for making us aware of the issue in the first place Standard smile

I will mark one of the replies as the accepted solution Wink

Message 21 of 26 (1,571 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In October 2018 I tried to purchase Mass Effect 2 Bundle DLC and also Mass Effect 3 Bundle DLC and I have same issues to purchase them as you guys reported in February.

I am getting the message: "You already have <X> games in this order"

I do not have any issue to purchase any other game or virtual currency, only with ME 2&3 Bundle DLC.

I tried to work with EA/Origin Support for few weeks, probably a month and in the end they told me that is a known issue and asked me to report this issue as a bug.

I tried all suggestions of the advisors, including to wipe the HDD and start all over from scratch starting with a new Windows 10 install (no antivirus/malware or firewall) but without any positive results. I even started from zero with a new game machine just to confirm to the advisors same message I was getting on my machine.

BTW, I tried CyberGraveUK's suggestion to purchase DLCs through browsers, not through Origin Client, but unfortunately did not work - same messages...

Does anyone who had this issue knows how the issue was been resolved? It seems that EA/Origin support forgot how to fix it! Can you help me to remind them how to fix it, please?

It's a shame that a company as EA could not fix this issue for good after so many months since other clients reported this bug!!!

Thank you in advance for any suggestion or help,

ER

Message 22 of 26 (1,461 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@caemil What happens when you click Purchase Anyway?
Message 23 of 26 (1,444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm afraid to do that do not be charged 15 times for ME2 and 5 times for ME3.

As I mentioned before, the EA/Origin Support investigated for a month and no one - probably more than 10 "advisors" - did not suggested to press "Purchase anyway" button....

That "anyway" word doesn't sound too encouragement... If they would ask me to do it when I was texting on chat or talking on the phone with them, probably I would tried to check what happen because they asked me to press the button... In this case probably I could get reimburse easily.

But because I had multiple bad experience with so large number of "advisors" (chat, e-mail or phone), I do not have courage to check for my curiosity what  would happen, because I am afraid that I could not get my money back... even if is obviously that a normal person would not purchase 15 times same game!!!

Thank you anyway for suggestion,

ER

Message 24 of 26 (1,423 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@caemil No way the button would just charge automatically without letting you check and confirm the order details. The way I understand it, it's just warning you that certain items in the bundle you already own. But if there are other items in the bundle that you're missing then purchasing will get you access to those ones, which is what you want after all.
Message 25 of 26 (1,400 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @caemil

Just like @JanePhoenix mentioned already, clicking "Purchase anyway" in this situation will not make you pay for the bundle multiple times.

These messages point out that you already own a couple of items from the bundle, not that you're going to buy them a few times Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 26 of 26 (1,385 Views)