Re: ME Trilogy Remaster Requests/Wishes

by EgoMania

Original Post

ME Trilogy Remaster Requests/Wishes

★ Guide

Hi all Standard smile

First i have done a similar post basically trying to sell the value of a trilogy remaster that you can checkout here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-Remaster/m-p/8610573#M27362

I have been considering for a few days what changes i would like to see in a remaster and i was hoping for some input from others first to help me i guess wrap it up into specifics but also to hopefully give bioware some help if they are already remaking the game so they dont miss things.

Q. So the question is, in a mass effect trilogy remaster what would you want to see changed/improved?

Limits:
1) Im imposing limits here, most important, this isnt a bashing thread, not interested in hate on the ME3 ending. If you want to suggest changes to it in a remaster be specific about what you would like to see improved, E.G. instead of 4 endings i want 1 canon ending OR i want 50 endings reflecting the different decisions i made. Not just "CHANGE THE ENDING IT WAS TRASH" that stuff helps no one.
2) assume the game stays the same and only small tweaks, i dont know many remakes that add new content like whole new worlds or a new game mechanic like space battles or any huge overhauls like that. Small improvements to existing gameplay or sliiiiight adds to the game.

My thoughts so far,

Mass Effect 1:
1) Modern graphics (insert gasm emote) just imagine the first sight of the citadel or sovereigns attack remade. The worlds would look so goood, the tutorial world, the world where saren is curing the genophage and the final world, ilos was it? it could look soooo good.
2) collision improvements. I dont know what it is called but playing ME1 feels like moving a cube through a maze, getting caught on corners and stuff and having difficulty getting into cover. it bothered me, id like smoother movements and to feel like im not getting stuck on edges, if possible adding in the "A" button to get into cover like ME2 and 3 not walking up to cover like they had in ME1 as it didnt always register and i stood there like a fool getting shot.
3) Combat, this one is broad, lots to touch on, you could argue for just polishing the weapons, biotics, the add ons to your gear and leaving it the same but feeling modern and less clunky to navigate OR a larger overhaul would be changing it to be more like ME3. this might go past the limit i mentioned above, not sure if it is even possible but things like removing the overheat feature and putting clips in, biotic/tech combos, improvements to the enemy and squadmate AI !!!
4) Gotta say i wouldnt mind squadmates appearing in other areas of the ship like in andromeda for conversations or having idle chat with eachother.
5) I liked the elevator scenes but they were slow sometimes, keep some where convo happens, maybe move other convos to idle chatter while you run around the citadel with your allies and any times you use the elevators without squadmates chattering should just load asap.

Am i forgetting anything for ME1? the dlc was small, maybe a new expansion wouldnt be bad if new expansions are even a thing during remakes.

Mass Effect 2:
1) Modern Graphics but keep the same dark theme they had, gosh that game was beautiful.
2) Smarter AI
3) Combat, combat rolls if possible, biotic/tech combos like me3, polishing the game to feel smoother, i replayed recently and it diiiiiiiid start to feel clunky compared to 3.
4) There was a looot of dlc in this game, in a remaster id appreciate it to all be included/packed in, i dont want to rebuy 50 remastered dlc with the game.
5) As above, squadmates moving around the ship like in andromeda and having chats would be a nice touch, ive had a lifetime of Garrus calibrating.

Mass Effect 3:
1) Modern Graphics, it is already pretty but jumping from 360 graphics to the next gen (whatever is after xbox one) would be a huge stepup.
2) Smarter AI. Also the omega dlc had a unique enemy that mutated people, i wouldnt mind that enemy appearing in new missions or in cerberus missions as a mini boss type unit.
3) Gameplay just needs to be polished.
4) All dlc included would be appreciated, i dont wanna buy 50 remastered dlc again.
5) As above, squadmates moving around the ship. I know this kiiiinda happened in this game, saw a bit of it but it was clearly a test thing and not a regular thing.

I know I am missing stuff that i just cant think of, any thoughts, suggestions, opinions? any bugs, frutrations people would like addressed, any good moments or hidden gems people would like to see used more?

Note: The original trilogy had a unique combat style, in a remaster i would want it to keep the unique cover based shooter style and just modernise it. I am not looking for the original trilogy to adopt andromeda gameplay, sure it was good but the jumping and stuff would feel out of place. I'd rather keep it close to the original feel :P

Message 1 of 15 (1,362 Views)

Hero

I think I'd be happy with higher resolution textures, improved lighting and shadows, seamless save file transfer, and some bug fixes. For ME1, I would also appreciate fixes to AMD CPU compatibility, and a reworked audio engine so the game doesn't required the super outdated EAX for surround sound.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 15 (1,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm curious about the seamless save file transfer. Is this across platforms like moving your game from xbox to pc and then back or is this more about moving it from your home xbox to your mates xbox when you crash at his place for a weekend? @Fred_vdp 

Message 3 of 15 (1,298 Views)

Hero

@GrimReaperTaken It's PC specific. One of my most XP'd posts on this website is a guide on how to import ME1 save files into ME2, because it requires a config utility.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 15 (1,276 Views)

★ Guide

Oh damn that sounds like a pain in the rear. That would definitely have to be in a remaster.

Message 5 of 15 (1,259 Views)

★ Pro

I'd like upgraded graphics and games with DLC that I can play without some stupid workaround like ME2 because I can't watch the cutscenes which are part of the content I paid for. Yeah, that'd be great. And to be honest, I'd prefer them via GoG actually because most of the issues I've had with ME games I've had after Origin was launched.

Message 6 of 15 (1,231 Views)

★ Guide

What dlc did you need to workaround? Sounds like a pc specific issue :/ 

I'm also not the biggest fan of origin tbh, i play mass effect on xbox though

Message 7 of 15 (1,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@GrimReaperTakenThere is a known issue with the DLCs for Kasumi and Overlord for PC indeed. In essence the game crashes at the final cutscene and you cannot progress in the game at all anymore.
This problem has been around for years and neither BW nor EA have touched it.

There are workarounds offered here in the forum but the short if it is that you have to add a command line to the game start up so that cutscenes are skipped. So you can progress but can't see the cutscenes.

What I've had to do because I still want to see the cutscenes in the rest of the game at least is play till I get till that point, exit the game, add the command line, start the game, play through the sequence that leads to the end of the chapter, let the game progress past the cutscene by having it skipped, exit the game, remove the command line, restart the game and play on.
Same process for Overlord

This is why I really just want the games outside of Origin because they have no interest in providing a good service for older games but do want to force you into their environment that is causing problems that they don't want to fix.

I wish I enjoyed consoles more but I just prefer my mouse and keyboard otherwise I'd also be playing it on the Xbox.

Message 8 of 15 (1,199 Views)

★ Guide

That sounds incredibly frustrating and would surely have to be fixed in a remaster. Like WOW that is literally game breaking and for a paid dlc too. 

I hear xbox now supports mouse and keyboard (i havnt tried it myself) so technically you could play mass effect on one xD I doubt you have one just lying around though so buying a console and setting up just for ME sounds a little too much Frown

Message 9 of 15 (1,183 Views)

@EgoMania I have never had a crash in those areas,. I know taking legion on overload caused issues but simply changing companion fixed it. I have played both many times over the years.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 15 (1,160 Views)