Looking for a Mass Effect Trilogy 4k Remaster from Bioware/EA

by Owlboy77

Original Post

Looking for a Mass Effect Trilogy 4k Remaster from Bioware/EA

★★★ Newbie

I don't play or wish to play on PC but would completely be interested in a new 4k remaster of the Original Mass Effect Trilogy (all DLC included) for either this gen or next gen Xbox/PlayStation.  I've been wanting this for years now and I'm hoping there's enough fans out there to want this as well.

Message 1 of 7 (879 Views)

Betreff: Looking for a Mass Effect Trilogy 4k Remaster from Bioware/EA

@Owlboy77 

Pretty sure there are, but Bioware, and EA as well, rarely remaster old games. 

Furthermore, BioWare has it's hand full in the moment with Anthem and DA4, so I doubt that there are capacities for a Mass Effect remaster.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (863 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Holger1405 wrote:

Furthermore, BioWare has it's hand full in the moment with Anthem and DA4, so I doubt that there are capacities for a Mass Effect remaster.

Maybe EA could outsource it. Maybe a developer specialized in ports, like Aspyr, could do it. Alternatively, Beamdog has already remastered a few of BioWare's classics, although those were older CRPGs and I don't know if EA technically owns those because they're licensed Dungeons & Dragons products that aren't even on Origin. Tongue out

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (838 Views)

@Fred_vdp 

True of course. Standard smile  But I doubt that Bioware would outsource games from an active franchise for a remaster.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 7 (828 Views)

Re: Looking for a Mass Effect Trilogy 4k Remaster from Bioware/EA

★★★★★ Newbie

I’d love them to remaster the trilogy I have collected the 4 games and have collected the merchandise aswell if they would remake the franchise I’d happy pay them whatever they wanted

Message 5 of 7 (609 Views)

★★★ Guide

@-Rgough1993- 

Funny that you'd necro the thread, but not mention:

Venturebeat story including ME Trilogy remaster 

The relevant line is the last one:

"Oh, and that HD remaster of an EA game is the Mass Effect Trilogy. Just don’t expect that to also launch on Switch — at least not at first."

Every game site has picked it up, and say that the source has been reliable.  So the ME forums have been all abuzz.

And yes, some thinking it may be outsourced (something BW did with KOTOR 2).

Message 6 of 7 (589 Views)

★ Guide

Bioware did not outsource Knights of the Old Republic 2, nor was it anything to do with EA. Lucasarts was the publisher of both KoToR games, the switch of developers was entirely on them.

Message 7 of 7 (536 Views)