Leviathan DLC final cutscene not triggering

by kagami1111

Original Post

Leviathan DLC final cutscene not triggering

★★★ Novice

So I have all the DLC for ME3, and I have played Leviathan before with no problems. I haven’t run into this issue with any other ending cutscenes so far, so I have no idea what could be causing this. 

I finish the DLC normally, talk to Leviathan, have the scene at the end with me and my squad in the shuttle as normal where Ann Bryson mentions Hackett asking her to join the Crucible. But then, instead of Hackett’s debrief, it sends me to a glitchy version of Normandy. I can’t activate the communication thing to contact Hackett, since that’s supposed to happen automatically. The war room is completely dark, and there’s no one else around except for EDI, who won’t talk to me. The elevator is missing, I can’t access it, and if I try to walk into it, I just fall through to out of bounds and land on top of the Normandy. I’m stuck on a glitchy, empty CIC, and while I can access the galaxy map, trying to begin another quest (in my case, Priority: Thessia) just breaks the game since the cutscene that starts that mission won’t start either, and I’m again stuck on an empty CIC with only EDI who won’t talk to me. 

As best I can figure, this is an alternate version of the Normandy that plays in the background when you’re talking to Hackett/Anderson, but I have no idea how to trigger that conversation or how to get back to the normal Normandy. As it is, I can’t finish Leviathan DLC because it completely glitches the Normandy out at the end. 

Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 14 (2,269 Views)

Re: Leviathan DLC final cutscene not triggering

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@kagami1111;  Not sure, never experienced anything like you're describing that couldn't be fixed by reloading the previous save.  But others have reported being able to successfully get through failed cut-scene issues by lowering screen resolution and/or switching up "Full-screen" vs. "Windowed" vs. "Borderless Window" in their display settings.

[EDIT:  Obviously the above suggestions only apply if you're playing on a PC.  Wink ]

Message 2 of 14 (2,250 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am indeed playing on pc. And I tried saving & reloading, just to see if that fixed it. It didn’t. I also reloaded to before I started the final mission (on the water planet) and finished it again just to see if that fixed it. It didn’t. 

Message 3 of 14 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Novice

Decided to try the DLC over from the beginning, because that fixed a bug I had with the shadow broker DLC for ME2. Didn’t work. I also decided to take Garrus & Kaidan with me on the final mission, in case Javik was interfering somehow? As another DLC character? I dunno, but it didn’t work. 

I also tried the suggestion that I try changing the resolution or change between full screen and windowed mode. Also didn’t work. As it is, I can’t complete the Leviathan DLC. If anyone has any ideas, I’d appreciate it. 

Message 4 of 14 (2,233 Views)

@kagami1111 

Do you use any mods?

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME3 > Repair)

If you use mods, they would be purged in this process, so make a backup of your "<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame" folder.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 14 (2,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the BackOff mod (to avoid flirting with everyone by accident), the ThaneMod (because he deserves to live), and JohnP’s Alternate MEHEM (because the vanilla endings are trash). All of them have worked perfectly so far, and I don’t see how any of them could interfere with the Leviathan DLC. I’ve successfully done Hackett’s debriefs for other missions. It’s just Leviathan that isn’t working. 

I tried repairing the game. Didn’t work. 

Message 6 of 14 (2,214 Views)

★★★ Novice

Decided to include some pictures I took of the glitchy Normandy, just because I haven’t seen this bug mentioned anywhere else. 

You can see the empty, see-through war room, the non-functional communicator thing, and a view of the missing elevator from the galaxy map (note that Traynor isn’t in her usual spot). 

Message 7 of 14 (2,208 Views)

@kagami1111 

Uzilala  schrieb:

I don’t see how any of them could interfere with the Leviathan DLC. I’ve successfully done Hackett’s debriefs for other missions. It’s just Leviathan that isn’t working. 

Because mods alter game files, and what you have is a prime example of game files (Textures in your case) not loading properly.

So you did the game repair. In this case you should have a vanilla game right now.

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Move the "BIOGame" folder from your "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect3" folder to your desktop > Test the game.

If that not helps, run chkdsk on your game drive:

• Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time.
  • Choose "command prompt (Administrator)" or "Power shell (Administrator)"
  • At the prompt, copy and paste "chkdsk x: /f /r" (Without the quotes, change x to the drive letter of the drive ME3 is installed on.) > ENTER.
  • Choose "Y" at the dialogue > Restart the machine.
  • Here is a guide on how to find the Chkdsk log after you are back in Windows.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 8 of 14 (2,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The textures load fine most of the time. I was able to play through Priority: Thessia, including the Asari Councilor’s debriefing at the end, with no issue. The problem only happens at the end of Leviathan, when the debrief doesn’t happen.

My best guess is that the game loads an alternate version of the Normandy when you’re in a holo call with someone that isn’t supposed to be used at any other time during the game. And since the holo call isn’t triggering, I’m stuck in the alternate Normandy. I’m not sure, but I don’t know what else it could be. 

Also, missing textures wouldn’t explain the missing NPCs. 

Message 9 of 14 (2,187 Views)

@kagami1111 

Uzilala wrote:

Also, missing textures wouldn’t explain the missing NPCs. 

What do you think NPCs in a computer game are made of?

Furthermore, why are you asking for help, if you know better?

Have a nice day. Standard smile

Message 10 of 14 (2,171 Views)