Re: Leviathan DLC Ladder Glitch?

by mcdillydally

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Leviathan DLC Ladder Glitch?

★★★ Newbie

I was playing Leviathan and all was going fine UNTIL:

1.) I get to the part where you have to access the bridge commands (after you fight the three husks and banshee).

2.) Bridge is fine, proceed to go up the ladder.
3.) Proceed to ladder on the opposite side, Shepard cannot slide down.
4.) Send squadmate foward - can go down the ladder.

5.) I still can't go down the ladder.

6.) Reload save - still can't go down ladder.

7.) Restart mission - still can't go down the ladder.

8.) Exit the game and re-enter - still can't use ladder.

Is there a patch or something? I was being stupid and overwrote my save - I lost 9 hours of game time. HELP

Message 1 of 12 (25,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. I fixed it by reducing all my graphics to the absolute minimum, and then attempted the ladder again. It worked fine.

I also hear that you can go down that one ladder by looking up when going down. (I haven't tested this)

Good luck, and hopefully this works for you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (29,140 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. I fixed it by reducing all my graphics to the absolute minimum, and then attempted the ladder again. It worked fine.

I also hear that you can go down that one ladder by looking up when going down. (I haven't tested this)

Good luck, and hopefully this works for you.

Message 2 of 12 (29,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH. You saved 9 hours of gameplay. Yes, lowering the resolution all the way down and turning off antaliasing solved the problem.

Message 3 of 12 (25,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I turned down all the resolution and turned off initializing, but somehow it still has that bug. Has had it for three of the ladders in the Leviathan DLC, including the one on the Narithya research station to rescue Ann Bryson. 

Message 4 of 12 (25,445 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you don't want to turn down your graphics, you can also do one of two things:

1) Aim the camera straight up while walking onto the ladder, and keep it pointing up.

2) If this fails, alternate rapidly between the Esc key and the forward key (usually W). Your game will pause and unpause rapidly, but this works for me 100% of the time when the other option does not. Then you don't have to change your graphics.

Message 5 of 12 (25,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much for posting this solution - the looking up trick worked a charm!

Message 6 of 12 (25,234 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, thank you. I am bumping this to alert others with a similar problem. Switching my display changed a number of things, so I cannot suggest this as a definitive answer, but this helped me (1920*1080 amd 7800series with a generic led display).

Message 7 of 12 (24,305 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem. Changing the graphics and resolution down did the trick. Thanks for the fix! I tried the looking up thing before I changed the graphics, and that didn't work.

Message 8 of 12 (20,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can Confirme that by looking up while trying to get down the ladder works, I just did it.

Message 9 of 12 (16,181 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you so much!!
Message 10 of 12 (14,570 Views)