Re: Leviathan DLC Dr. Bryson's Lab freeze workaround

by holger1405

Original Post

Leviathan DLC Dr. Bryson's Lab freeze workaround

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am re-posting this solution to make it easier to find than in the middle of a thread. Hopefully this can help some people! Original post: here

Well, I have found a possible (partial) solution. (EA, please let me know if this is acceptable and allowed, because I wasn't sure!)

!!Seeing as EA allows you to use console commands and tweaks in the single player (editing anything that effects multiplayer is NOT allowed!!)!! , you can use the console to load the second (and other) map(s) of the Leviathan DLC (the asteroid mission etc). This means you completely bypass the lab part, and go straight to the next section. 

The problem seems to be only at the lab.

Of course this solution means you miss out on the lab parts, which means most of the actual story/lore stuff.

To get this to work, you will have to activate the command console, and use a console command.

More information on how to activate the console is here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaks_%28Mass_Effect_3%29#Enabling_game_console

The command in question is the "at" command. You use this to load the level.

The map commands for the Leviathan DLC are this (found in the command list, which you can also find through the link above):

Biop_Lev001 (Citadel: Dr. Bryson's Lab)
Biop_Lev002 (Mahavid: T-GES Mineral Works)
Biop_Lev003 (Namakli: Dig site)
Biop_Lev004 (2181 Despoina: Shipwreck)

So your command to load the asteroid level would be "at Biop_Lev002"

This starts the cutscene and the mission.

Hopefully this helps people to still enjoy (some) of the DLC.

EDIT: The missions seem to work okay, but since they make you go back to the lab after each, you have to manually load the next mission yourself with the console command while you're on the Normandy (after each mission). A.K.A you're just missing out on the lab parts. (Unfortunate, but at least the rest is playable)

Important!!!

Before you manually start the last mission on Despoina, make sure you are on the Normandy! Because:

After finishing the last mission I found myself on the Normandy with all the crew missing (except EDI for some reason), this is a bug, because you're supposed to debrief with Admiral Hackett. Simply go to the command center and it should fix itself.

I'm unsure if you end up back on the Normandy by default or because that's where I manually started the missions from (I'm guessing the latter), but since it doesn't automatically go to the debrief, it's best you're on the Normandy to 'glitch' yourself back into the proper sequence.

Also, the war assets got updated when I accessed the war assets terminal.

You will also find that even after finishing, you will still have both the notifications for needing to go to the lab still stuck on the citadel (on the star map), you can just ignore this, as there is no option to go there anymore. 

Message 1 of 13 (40,962 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so very much! Your solution actually helped me to start T-GES Mineral Works level.

The only problem I have is that the game doesn't allow me to choose squadmates and it seems like I will have to go through levels on my own. Do you know ho to fix this? Maybe some other code? Because while it is fun running from brutes without any support on insanity, the main fun of this DLC is in dialogues.  

Message 2 of 13 (40,684 Views)

You need to be on the Normandy at the moment you tap in the command, then the Game will take you directly to the Squad screen.

On a different note, I heard that the newest Intel graphic drivers did fix the Problem, did you tried this drivers?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 13 (40,673 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well there's these commands to use:

ce hench_picksquad - select available henchmen where you are standing (in the middle of mission).
ce hench_pickany - select any henchmen from full list where you are standing.

But as pointed out before, you'll get the selection screen if you start the mission from the normandy.

Message 4 of 13 (40,668 Views)

★★ Novice

When I open console and enter the code, my Shepard is on the Normandy standing in front of galaxy map (I even tried standing in different places), but the game stil takes me to the cutscene in the kodiak without allowing me to choose my party. I will try using commands that you gave me, thank you! 

Message 5 of 13 (40,646 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I updated my graphic drivers three days ago, but I still get loading screen freeze. Unless, Intel released new update, it still doesn't work

Message 6 of 13 (40,645 Views)

★★ Novice

Update: codes you provided for team selection are working! I only used them once during cutscene on kodiak shuttle and after that game finally started allowing me to choose my squad before missions.

Thank you very much for your help!

Message 7 of 13 (40,638 Views)

Console command

★★★★★ Newbie

Google translate (sorry)

Thank you for instructions Very helpful when I use "at Biop_Lev002" Everything's fine but when I wanted to enter Biop_Lev001 threw me to the loading screen but reading is frozen as if I went to the DLC normal, just when loading it freezes and does it not move could not would you solve this problem? ukromnit as the docele know but come it lacks in story and integrity DLC.

Thank you still helped me.

Message 8 of 13 (40,160 Views)

Re: Console command

[ Edited ]

@KakubsSVK955

That you can't enter Dr. Bryson's Lab is the reason for this fix. The console commands do not repair the main error, it just allows you to go around the problem.

Or in other words, you can't enter Dr. Bryson's Lab even with the console commands.

Try to update your Intel graphic driver.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 13 (40,135 Views)

Re: Console command

★★★ Newbie

Hi !

Same problem with me. At the lab my character crashes and I can't go in the lab. 
I'm so newbie on PC that I'm not sure how to open the Consol Comand and I don't understand the tutorials. Is there any other solutions? 

Message 10 of 13 (39,834 Views)