Re: Keyboard issue - reassign ESC

by holger1405

Original Post

Keyboard issue - reassign ESC

★★ Novice

Hello.

I currently have some issue with the keyboard of my laptop, ESC is slowly letting me down. Witch is unfortunate since it's a major key for almost all games. If it's still easily changeable directly in the settings of some game, it is not the case in Mass Effect 3. Still, is there any way to remap it by modify the game's files ? I do not wish to touch the computer itself, only if it's the last resort.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2 (382 Views)

Re: Keyboard issue - reassign ESC

[ Edited ]

@Mlle-michiyo

It could be possible by editing the "bioinput.ini" part of the ME3 "Coalesced.bin" (">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole") with a tool like this:  https://wenchy.net/me3-coalesced-utility/

But I never tested it nor do I know if there are hard coded references to the ESC key elsewhere in the game files which would render such an attempt impossible.

So imho it would be far easier to get a replacement Keyboard for your Notebook, or if that is difficult, to attach a cheep USB keyboard to the Notebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 2 (362 Views)