Journal not updating

by ASpieboy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Journal not updating

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Completed Citadel: Chemical Treatment, but the quest does not show as completed in the journal. I think it may be related to the correct dialogue not playing when I talk to the doctor. Shepard says "A treatment for chemical burns..." but there's no response and the quest doesn't update or show as completed.

To stress this: THE JOURNAL IS NOT UPDATING, THE PROBLEM IS NOT MISSING DIALOGUE, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CANNOT COMPLETE THIS QUEST.

Can someone with an actual solution please help, instead of a insulting mod who doesn't know how to read? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (4,076 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Journal not updating

★★★★★ Novice

OK, it's working now. I'm posting what I did so hopefully someone else who has the problem can fix it.

I think you need to do another sidequest on the same floor of the Citadel. I did the Rannoch arc, and nothing changed. I handed in a couple various sidequests and nothing changed. Then, I had the same problem with the reaper code fragment quest, but it worked fine after I handed in the Dekunna extraction. The chemical burns quest worked after I handed in the Rings of Alune quest.

So if you have this problem, reload your save, and do other sidequests before trying it again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (4,434 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

@ASpieboy wrote:

Completed Citadel: Chemical Treatment, but the quest does not show as completed in the journal. I think it may be related to the correct dialogue not playing when I talk to the doctor. Shepard says "A treatment for chemical burns..." but there's no response and the quest doesn't update or show as completed.

To stress this: THE JOURNAL IS NOT UPDATING, THE PROBLEM IS NOT MISSING DIALOGUE, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CANNOT COMPLETE THIS QUEST.

Can someone with an actual solution please help, instead of a insulting mod who doesn't know how to read? Thanks.

Hi aspieboy,

The solution to this dialogue mishap may be related on whether you are speaking to the right doctor. There are three 'doctor's  quests on this portion of the Citadel. Two are in the side rooms at Huerta  Hospital, before you reach the area where Ashley can be found. Another; 'doctor' quest--completes only after you reach the Citadel --after the attack by Cerberus. This doctor is the one that requires a  burn healing medication or something like that.

I hope you understand that this site is manned by fellow gamers ( I'm one of those) and some admins, all of whom are trying to help one another get the most out of the game. However, as EAChems explained to you in your other post-identical to this one- please refrain from being intolerant and just accept the help that is provided for all it is: someone reaching out to you to help without being insulted.

If this still is not satisfactory to you, please go to help.ea.com and click on CONTACT US to get the assistance of a Game Advisor who might be able to see if there is a glitch with your DLC. No one here can assist you with that. Sorry.

Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 4 (4,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OK, it's working now. I'm posting what I did so hopefully someone else who has the problem can fix it.

I think you need to do another sidequest on the same floor of the Citadel. I did the Rannoch arc, and nothing changed. I handed in a couple various sidequests and nothing changed. Then, I had the same problem with the reaper code fragment quest, but it worked fine after I handed in the Dekunna extraction. The chemical burns quest worked after I handed in the Rings of Alune quest.

So if you have this problem, reload your save, and do other sidequests before trying it again.

Message 3 of 4 (4,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem.
With the Reaper Code Fragments, the Chemical Burns treatment and the Target Jamming Technology. I've gone back to the Normandy and to the Citadel again and it's not working. I think it updated the war assets, just not the journal; so the people who want those things are still highlighted on the map and my journal still has the quests incomplete, even though I've been to them all.

I will do some more missions and see if it fixes next time I go to the citadel but so far, annoying. 

Message 4 of 4 (2,992 Views)