Issues with ME3 saves

by NyraVakarian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issues with ME3 saves

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello all. Cat

I'm having issues with not being able to save and the game not recognising a save file.

I had an error with cloud saves, clicked play anyway and I wasn't able to save in game. The option is there but nothing happens when I click it.

So I turned cloud saves off, was able to save but now there's no option to load, even though the file is there.

The save file was created in my C: drive, not in My Documents. My Documents is stuck on read only (which I think is from a Windows update?? Tried to fix that but nope!)

I tried copying the ME3 folder into My Documents but the game still doesn't recognise it. No load option, just new game.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (1,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issues with ME3 saves

★★★ Novice

@holger1405Sorry, the issue resolved itself somehow. Thanks though!

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (862 Views)

All Replies

@NyraVakarian  I've moved your post to the ME 3 forum.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Apologies, thank you. 

Message 3 of 8 (947 Views)

@NyraVakarian

You can't make a folder in Windows "Read only", (at least not with this checkbox under "Settings"). So the problem is a different one.

So don't worry about that. (If you open the "Documents" folder you should be able to create any kind of file you want.)

Did you tried to run Origin or the game as administrator?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 8 (898 Views)

★★★ Novice

@holger1405Sorry, the issue resolved itself somehow. Thanks though!

Message 5 of 8 (863 Views)

★ Novice

SORRY guys same issue but it doesn't solve itself, makes me crazy!!! advices? reinstalled, both run as adm, create even in doc bioware a MAss effect 3 folder, useless... head'll boom soon... thanks y'all

Message 6 of 8 (782 Views)

@Lollo4477 

Try this:

Make sure there is still the "Mass Effect 3" folder in the "Documents\BioWare" folder.  (Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3)

Press the Windows key and type command > right click on "command prompt" in the search results > Run as Administrator.

• In the CMD window at the prompt type or copy and paste:  takeown /r /f "C:\Users\>Your user name<\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3" (with the quotes, replace >Your user name< with your actual user name
  • Hit ENTER
  • Right click on the "Mass Effect 3" folder under "Documents\BioWare" properties > security > edit > select your username > activate "full control" > Apply (OK)
  • Reboot!
  • Test.

• If it still don't works uninstall the game over the Windows control panel > Reboot.
  • Clean the Registry with "CCleaner" (Freeware version.)
  • Install the game running Origin as Administrator > Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 8 (769 Views)

★ Novice
@holger1405 Thanks for the advices, anyway all games installed after last windows upgrade mass effect 2/3 and fallout 4, the only one which does not upgrade to the season pass complete edition is battlefiled 1... and whole those games, found in sale, at 8, 13, 6, 10 and others newer more in this week on some stores (till 17 of today the new Remnant from Ashes on epic in free!!!) anyway all of them and whole my games are excluded by the windows defender and documents folder too but documents in another kind of protection of WD was able to Read only... so noone of these new games saved but luckly it crashes and all goes ok! except the fact that now I started Dragon age Origin, mass effect saga, and fallout 4 all together, with greedfall and dishonored 2 that stays there waiting... holy c... ahahah anyway thanks a lot, if WD does not start with windows if I just play and see youtube, no streaming, there is huge risk? thanks again do not sleep but when 5 games made me crazy for days worked whole its amazing
Message 8 of 8 (735 Views)