Is there anyway to get all the DLC for a reasonable price?

by SoulRebeI

Original Post

Is there anyway to get all the DLC for a reasonable price?

★★★ Novice

Is there anyway to get all the DLC for a reasonable price? I bought the trilogy pack that says on the cover "The complete trilogy."

Well apparently it isn't complete and all the DLC is far more expensive than the games itself.

Also the whole system of bioware points is cumbersome and useless, you can only buy packs of 800 points, but what if i need only 500 points? What am i supposed to do with the other 300?

Is it really so hard to be reasonable and fair to your loyal customers? I always supported game company's and i haven't downloaded 1 single ripped game for more then 10 years, but again and again i have the feeling you all (not only EA) try so really hard to squeeze every € i have out of my wallet.

I am willing to pay for the extra content but the prices are just ridiculous. Be fair!

Message 1 of 4 (750 Views)

Re: Is there anyway to get all the DLC for a reasonable price?

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @SoulRebeI

Thanks for your opinion on this matter. The main purpose of our forums here is helping people to help players deal with some technical issues they may encounter. But every feedback about our games is also very appreciated. The pricing of EA products is out of our control, but we do let developers know what players think about different aspects of games, as well as pricing. Right now all I can suggest is to keep an eye out for any Mass Effect news. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 4 (722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too, but for Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3; all of which have DLC content that can only be purchased using these Bioware Points, a strange currency that doesn't reflect market prices for these DLC products.

To get all of the DLC for these three games, one needs to have 12,000 Bioware Points, which when converted to Australian dollars equates to AUD$240.00

To put that into perspective, the current retail prices on the ORIGIN app online store are $19.99 (Dragon Age 2), and the entire mass effect trilogy (without the Bioware points DLC of course) is $29.99.
Technically as I speak, Mass Effect 2 is a free game, so the cost of Mass Effect 3 alone is only AUD$19.99.

That makes the cost of all the Bioware Points requiring DLC six times as expensive as the current cost of the three games themselves.  I've had these games for a while waiting to be completed products at a reasonable price before I invest the time into playing them. Things like Season Passes and DLC packs from other distributors after a few months or years past release day end up costing maybe $5.00 or less on average, not $240.00.

Frankly it's pretty insulting in its ridiculousness.

If it were a reasonable price, say $5.00 for all of the extra DLC for each of the three games (so $15.00 total rather than $240.00 total), then I would consider buying it. At the current price for the Bioware Points DLC, that's never going to happen for such old products.

Other companies are generous with their customers to the point where revamped HD versions of older games are given FOR FREE to loyal customers. Off the top of my head Both Darksiders games, Tital Quest Immortal Throne, the first 2 Homeworld games, the first 2 Bioshock games, Some of the Serious Sam games, and possibly also the Metro 2033 series redux versions all got upgraded for free (or heavily discounted) for existing customers of the original versions of those games.

Are EA, Origin, Bioware, or whoever it is that sets the prices for the Bioware Points exclusive DLC products for these games ever going to give fans a reasonable price to have complete versions of their games???

Message 3 of 4 (649 Views)

★ Novice

Was hoping to play through ME3 again but with all the DLC before Andromeda came out but since the price for the DLC hasn't altered in the few years its been out, I'm not paying full price for it.

Poor form EA and Bioware.

Message 4 of 4 (614 Views)