Re: In-Game Accomplishments Reset

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

In-Game Accomplishments Reset

★ Novice

After playing ME3 for about a week on PS3 I synced my PSN account with my origin one on the site, (Both names are damo279), to download the soundtrack that comes with the collectors edition. Upon starting up ME3 again, I've found that all my in game accomplishments, even the ones I have already earned. I was wondering how this will affect me being awarded trophies, particularly the ones for beating the game on Insanity.

Message 1 of 9 (2,537 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm confused on what happened here.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

1.  You played ME3 on the PS3 for awhile.

2.  On a PC, you created an origin account and used the same name as your PSN account, and downloaded the soundtrack.

3.  On PS3, you hit the sync Trophies feature, and lost all of your trophies.

As far as I know, PSN and PC accounts are different and do not share Multiplayer Manifests, or Achievements.  But they do share Galaxy at War data.

If the trophies were truly lost, then I would suggest re-syncing Trophies on the PSN.

If that does not work, then I suspect you will need to re-earn all your trophies again.  A 2nd playthrough should clear all that up.

Message 2 of 9 (2,530 Views)

★ Novice

No, I still have my trophies, but the progress towards ones I have yet to unlock (such as soldier and veteran, which require getting a certain amount of kills) have gone back down to zero. Accomplishments are viewable from the main menu and in Shepard's cabin. While annoying, the getting certain kills ones being lost aren't that bad, however I have lost progress towards Unwavering, the trophy for completing the 27 main missions on Insanity, meaning I don't think that trophy will unlock at the end of the game.
I phrased it poorly, but I meant to say that even accomplishments I have already earned are showing 0 out of x, for example Pyromaniac or Recruit are showing the unlocked reward symbol, but saying 0/100 underneath.

My main problem is that I might not unlock the Insanity trophy when I complete the game (requires you to play the game all the way through without changing the difficulty from Insanity after leaving Earth the first time), which would be pretty annoying. I'm wondering if there is anyway to have my in game accomplishments altered or restored to what they should be.

Message 3 of 9 (2,524 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm sorry, sounds like some of your data on your PS3 was reset.

I own all the major consoles, but I play Mass Effect 3 only on PC.

I have a vague idea on what happened, and there are some files on the PC you could try to modify/revert to restore your progress.

I do not know how to do that on the PS3.

I recommend going through Sony's Support and ask about Trophy progress resets.  They are probably a bit more experienced on these issues in the general sense and may have a way to restore your progress.

It sounds like you might have to do Insanity twice.

However, there is a potential shortcut.  Multiplayer is another way to unlock that Achievement and all you have to do for that is to extract on Gold from the 6 original Multiplayer maps.  Multiplayer has been going on long enough that you could probably make a friend to help you carry you on through if you can't do it yourself.  Then, you can tell people you beat it on insanity in Single Player, and have a Trophy to show for it, even though another PS3 player helped you get the thing to show.

Message 4 of 9 (2,514 Views)

★ Novice
I figured I could still get unwavering via multiplayer, I'm mainly concerned about not getting the one for playing the whole game without taking it off insanity, as I have no idea how to check if that was affected by my glitch or not. I really like the series, but I wasn't looking forward to another insanity run
Message 5 of 9 (2,506 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh, I missed that those were two separate Achievements.

I, myself, have not yet started an Insanity playthrough.

I was going to do that after importing an ME3 save.  That way I get to start with a bunch of weapons unlocked and at level 5, with the ability to upgrade them to 10.

6 Months after release, I still haven't started my insanity run.

You are a week in and most of the way through one try?  Sounds like doing it again, if worse comes to worse will not be too hard for you.

Still Sony tech support would have the answers.  They might not know much about Mass Effect 3 specifically, but I'm sure they have handled a few cases where trophy progression was lost, and they may know how to fix it.

Message 6 of 9 (2,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

what files are to be modified? because i have the problem with using two PC and after installing on the second all accomplishments on the FIRST machine are gone.

ty

Message 7 of 9 (2,435 Views)

★ Novice

as somebody that experienced this today on pc the file you want to edit is the Local_Profile.sav  inside the Save folder where all your save games are, use the older versions property of windows and run to the game to check if everything is fine.

If you can't do this or don't have a backup of this file well good luck with that

Message 8 of 9 (1,135 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm sorry that the problem occurred in your game as well @impa-danila, but thank you so much for taking the time to post your workaround on our forum. Some players might find it very useful Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 9 of 9 (1,115 Views)