Re: I'm from india and i cannot purchase games in origin using my visa debit car

by NRS_pro

Original Post

Re: I'm from india and i cannot purchase games in origin using my visa debit car

★ Novice

cant even link paypal account to origin

Message 11 of 36 (4,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

75% off and i cant buy [admin edit: profanity removed]

Message 12 of 36 (4,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You might be unable to make payments from a debit card as the debit cards in India do not allow international transactions to happen, you have to contact your bank once and ask them to enable international transaction on your bank account, they will then ask you about the limit you want them to enable for international transaction and then you should be able to make payments from your debit card, I have a Blackberry Phone and I was unable to make payments and purchase apps from Blackberry store, whenever I tried to make payments, it gave me the error, then the next day my bank representative called me and asked me if I tried to make any international transaction, I said yes, he then informed me that I won't be able to make any international transaction until they enable it from their side, I asked them to enable international transaction, he asked me the limit and then within 24 hours international transaction was enabled and everything was fine, I was able to purchase apps.

Message 13 of 36 (4,274 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm in India also. I just purchased FIFA 2017 for Rs.1400 with my HDFC VISA DEBIT CARD. Its simple.Just log in to origin on web browser(Not in origin app). Now on bottom left side you will see your username and photo. Below this you will see "View My Profile" and below this you will see "EA Account and Billing" Click on it. A new window will open. On left side you will see list of some options. click on "Payment & Shipping"  now in left pane click on "Add Payment" Button. Now add your debit card and other details and click on "Save" button below. Now you can just purchase any game you want.

Message 14 of 36 (4,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey, I have been trying whole day but I cant seem to get any other option than the credit card. It only shows credit card. No paypal no debit card in payment methods. And I contacted Ea help on chat they also confirmed that for India only credit card is available. Please tell me how'd you do it.
Message 15 of 36 (4,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it shows credit card but it will work for debit (visa/mastercard) also

it worked for me, u can also try 

Message 16 of 36 (4,081 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for your efforts. But sadly, still ea has not done anything
Message 17 of 36 (3,496 Views)

★★ Novice
It didn't work for me, its visa
Message 18 of 36 (3,494 Views)

★★ Novice
My card is fully equipped. I have purchased many games on steam and in game in tankionline, play store etc. But still can't buy on origin.
Message 19 of 36 (3,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Only MasterCard transactions facilitate International transactions. Same thing happened on PSN. Use MasterCard debit cards on origin and it will work fine.
Message 20 of 36 (19,564 Views)