How to fix the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3 so it doesn't crash every time?

by CorruptPastella

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to fix the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3 so it doesn't crash every time?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

UPDATE (Issue resolved): For my specific case, I did the first mission of the Leviathan DLC (visiting Dr. Bryson's lab for the first time), and before leaving the Citadel I tried doing the first Omega DLC mission. I personally went with the dialogue option "Our kind of guy." After Shepard exited the shuttle, the game would freeze on the loading screen and I would have to force ME3 to end in Task Manager. My issue was resolved after completing all Leviathan DLC missions and choosing the dialogue option "Some might say that about you." Not sure which fixed it, if it was both, or if the issue resolved by itself. Hope this helps anyone having the same issue. I assumed to do this because I found than many used to have issues with the Leviathan DLC freezing, so I thought it might have affected my Omega missions, which prompted me to complete the Leviathan missions. I didn't have any issues with the Leviathan missions freezing.

Original post:

I own the PC version of the game, 32 bit (not sure if 64 bit is an option). Windows 10 and I believe it's the 64 bit version. I go to Dock 42 and I'm able to get through the shuttle scene, but as soon as Shepard steps out with the batarian and the loading screen comes up, I get a message saying Mass Effect 3 has stopped working and I have to force close the game in Task Manager. I bought and downloaded the game with Origin as well as all of the extra mission DLCs. I have AMD rx480 8gb with 16gb RAM, so I know my computer can more than handle the game. I tried searching for this answer, but seemed like everyone asking got further in the mission than I can before crashing. I'd be very grateful for anyone who can give a solution, thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (5,132 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to fix the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3 so it doesn't crash every time?

★★ Novice

@holger1405 Thanks again for the reply. I went ahead and continued with the Leviathan missions until I completed them all. I tried Omega again and went with a different chat option (not sure if that did anything or not), and I avoided the freeze on the loading screen. I appreciate your suggestions Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (5,578 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@CorruptPastella

There is no 64bit version of ME3.

Do you use any mods?

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME32 > Repair)

The problem could also be the save game, if the repair don't works, try a save game that is older then the one you are using now.

If that don't works, please report back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (5,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@holger1405

Thanks for the reply. I don't use any mods, just what I download from Origin. I tried both the file repair and loading an old save, but it still crashed. I may just do some other missions before trying again just in case there's some kind of conflict with having just left Dr. Bryson's Lab from the beginning of Leviathan DLC

Message 3 of 7 (5,115 Views)

@CorruptPastella

I don't think that there is any conflict with the Leviathan DLC. 

A game crashing on the same location every time is most often a sign for a problem with the game files.

You could try to reinstall the DLC. For that delete the "DLC_EXP_Pack002" folder out of the ">dive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\DLC" folder and download Omega again. 

If that don't works,  create a DxDiag, (Text file) also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER and look if it has ME32 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up together with the DxDiag. You can do that with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 7 (5,102 Views)

★★ Novice

@holger1405 Thanks again for the reply. I went ahead and continued with the Leviathan missions until I completed them all. I tried Omega again and went with a different chat option (not sure if that did anything or not), and I avoided the freeze on the loading screen. I appreciate your suggestions Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (5,579 Views)

★ Pro

Not much of a fix, but persistence is rewarded..

I've had two similar occurences; that is, crashing on loading screen. First time when first going to Mars, ctd on loading screen. The second time when initiating Omega DLC, when coming out of the sky car, ctd on the next loading screen.

"Fix" seems to be, load an earlier hard-save or do something else for a while and try again.

Repairing files or re-downloading DLC did not do anything, but for me Mars loaded with earlier save (actually restarted the entire game, it's pretty much right after "tutorial" bit). Omega I just did stuff and returned to it (atleast Leviathan and Priority: Thessia + various sidequests scanning) and it worked.

Weird.

Message 6 of 7 (5,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's 2020 and I ran into the issue where the game was freezing up after replying "Our kind of guy." Once you step out of the skycar and the loading screen kicks up the game freezes entirely. Have to force quite it. I read these post and wanted to do a step by step of what may be the fix to get past it. I first repaired the game and followed all the same dialogue choices. That didn't work. I then change on dialogue process which was the additional chat option before selecting one of the main ones that continues the story. I went straight to "our kind of guy". That didn't work either. Since some mentioned they chose the other dialogue option but also did some missions before hand, I decided to see if that speech option alone was the issue. So I went straight to it and chose "Some might say that about you." It continued on perfectly. Apparently the error resides within the dialogue choice and not the missions you complete afterwards. I searched around google a bit and didn't find anyone mentioning this and despite this post being from back in 2017, I figured I'd give it a kick and reply with my findings. I can continue past the loading crash after the talk in the skycar for the Omega mission, if you do not select "Our kind of guy." That dialogue is bugged. 

Message 7 of 7 (3,064 Views)