How do i reinstall ME3?

by kcalvelo476

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do i reinstall ME3?

★★ Newbie

I bought the DVD way back when it was first released. Been wanting to replay the entire series and can't reinstall ME3. It takes me to the point where I need to enter my product key but it says its been used. Its been used because I installed it way back when. What can I do at this point? do I need to repurchase the game again?

Message 1 of 6 (693 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do i reinstall ME3?

Community Manager (retired)

The game should be registered on your Origin account, if you played it before.

Just log into your Origin client and start/ download the game in the MY GAMES tab.

As long as you have the disc in your drive it should pull the data from there when "downloading".

Please be also sure to log in the origin account you used while playing ME3 before (same email), because your copy is linked to just this one account.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (695 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

The game should be registered on your Origin account, if you played it before.

Just log into your Origin client and start/ download the game in the MY GAMES tab.

As long as you have the disc in your drive it should pull the data from there when "downloading".

Please be also sure to log in the origin account you used while playing ME3 before (same email), because your copy is linked to just this one account.

Message 2 of 6 (696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i have the same problem i got some one else to install mass effect 3 for me and do not know the orginal email account and password to reinstall the game as i had to reregister the email and password do i have to buy another mass effect 3 in order to register the game.

Message 3 of 6 (593 Views)

@ned9900 

If you don't know any details about the account that was used to register the game, I am afraid to buy a new copy will be the only option.

You can contact EA directly and see if a game advisor sees a other option. 

If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

If you have trouble with the contact attempt look at this guide

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 6 (564 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ned9900
"I am afraid to buy a new copy will be the only option."

Yeah, that is likely best option. Fortunately, main game is only $3 in Origin (US, sale running till May 14).

But if you want all the DLC, you'll have to add the "Mass Effect 3 DLC bundle", for another $9.

Note: I would NOT suggest buying the "Deluxe edition" which is $9 and has nowhere near the full DLC bundle content.
Message 5 of 6 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you all 

will have to buy a new one when stock is available due to lock down and the fact i live in south africa Koksatd.

Message 6 of 6 (528 Views)