How do I install from disc without download?

by thelazymoose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I install from disc without download?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am about to explode. I just bought the game, it would take literally 20 minutes to install it from the disc, but no, EA insists that i download it from their site. Can someone help me with this?

Message 1 of 66 (173,501 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I install from disc without download?

[ Edited ]

Managed to piece together the listed below after doing a few searches.

If you've already started to download ME3 from Origin you'll need to:

1) Stop the download.

2) Close Origin

3) Remove any ME3 files on your computer from the halted install.

Edit Note: Recommend copying any saved games from: "C:\Users\NAME\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save" into a safe location before deleting anything.

===================================================================

To install ME3 from the disc:

1) Install Origin and make sure it's updated to its current version.

2) Close Origin.

3) Restart Origin.

4) Enter your Mass Effect 3 Code in Origin. ** Do not begin the download from within Origin. **

5) Close out of Origin by right clicking the Origin Icon in the System Tray --> Exit

6) From ME3 disc 1 run setup.exe. Origin should start and ME3 should begin downloading

Edit: Format.

[EDIT:  You *must* be connected to the internet and logged onto EA/Origin to begin the installation.  Once the game is properly registered to your Origin account, then you can stop the download, put Origin in "Off-line mode", disconnect/disable your network connection, and complete the install from disc.  It's a pain, I know.  But it can be done.  Angel  --TNL ]

SD Signature Banner

View in thread

Message 4 of 66 (188,072 Views)

All Replies

@ thelazymoose Origin is required for the PC versions of Mass Effect 3, both physical and digital.

SD Signature Banner

Message 2 of 66 (172,910 Views)

★ Guide

If you start the installation by putting the disk into your PC, it should install from the disk. However it might have to download additional files (patches) to complete the installation and I'm not really sure right now, whether there's an Origin client on the disk as well (which you'll have to install as well).

Message 3 of 66 (172,912 Views)

[ Edited ]

Managed to piece together the listed below after doing a few searches.

If you've already started to download ME3 from Origin you'll need to:

1) Stop the download.

2) Close Origin

3) Remove any ME3 files on your computer from the halted install.

Edit Note: Recommend copying any saved games from: "C:\Users\NAME\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save" into a safe location before deleting anything.

===================================================================

To install ME3 from the disc:

1) Install Origin and make sure it's updated to its current version.

2) Close Origin.

3) Restart Origin.

4) Enter your Mass Effect 3 Code in Origin. ** Do not begin the download from within Origin. **

5) Close out of Origin by right clicking the Origin Icon in the System Tray --> Exit

6) From ME3 disc 1 run setup.exe. Origin should start and ME3 should begin downloading

Edit: Format.

[EDIT:  You *must* be connected to the internet and logged onto EA/Origin to begin the installation.  Once the game is properly registered to your Origin account, then you can stop the download, put Origin in "Off-line mode", disconnect/disable your network connection, and complete the install from disc.  It's a pain, I know.  But it can be done.  Angel  --TNL ]

SD Signature Banner

Message 4 of 66 (188,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks much, big help Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 66 (172,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this solution, but when I start the installation process from DVD, it starts Origin and asks for the code again, and if I try to enter the code, it says the code hase already been used.

So if I exit the code entry, my only choice is to download the game, not install from the DVD.

Message 6 of 66 (172,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The only thing that worked for me was contacting EA support via web chat. The guy there gave me a new code, and when I entered it, the installer started to read from the disc.  Which was nice, since the download would have been 26 hours. So thanks, Sandeep at EA customer support.

Message 7 of 66 (172,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

should try contacting 

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Change the Country: Select at the bottom on the right "Country selector", and choose "United States".

Select:

-Product: Mass Effect 3

-Category: Technical support

-Plateform: ...

Choose the Live chat option to talk directly to an advisor

the EA advisor gave me a new code for the ME3. but there we pros & cons:

Pro:

i was able to install the game using the DVDs that i have

no hassle of downloading the game via net (since i have a very slow internet connection)

Cons:

i was not able to get Firepack Freebie of getting the ME Trilogy which cost around 160 pts.

Conclusion:

i say 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. to the guy that helped me, thank you for your help

edit:

for some unknown reason, upon opening the game, i was yet again hurdled by the message that the "from the ashes" is missing.  so now i'm forced to pay extra that i dont really need to play the game?! this is getting ridiculous and frustrating!!!

Message 8 of 66 (171,591 Views)

★ Apprentice

How do i remove the ME3 files?

Message 9 of 66 (171,572 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to send them an email, but live chat was not available to me Frown

Once again I have to wait *sigh* Hopefully I hear from them soon

Message 10 of 66 (170,914 Views)