Re: How do I install from disc without download?

by DJEmz_TSFM

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

i actually had this same problem but then i realized i had to insert disc 2 and slapped myself several times

Message 41 of 66 (5,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can someone help me I don't know how

Message 42 of 66 (5,399 Views)

★★ Novice
You could try opening the disc, copying the zipper folder to desktop, unzip it and then try to launch it if it works it should ask to activate game before you do that close it all and move the folder where you can any it, this worker with me for simcity and crysis2
Message 43 of 66 (5,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@sundance31us wrote:
@ thelazymoose Origin is required for the PC versions of Mass Effect 3, both physical and digital.

The question isn't "How do I play this game without Origin". Did you even read the question?

Message 44 of 66 (4,999 Views)

★★ Novice

@sundance31us wrote:

Managed to piece together the listed below after doing a few searches.

If you've already started to download ME3 from Origin you'll need to:

1) Stop the download.

2) Close Origin

3) Remove any ME3 files on your computer from the halted install.

Edit Note: Recommend copying any saved games from: "C:\Users\NAME\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save" into a safe location before deleting anything.

===================================================================

To install ME3 from the disc:

1) Install Origin and make sure it's updated to its current version.

2) Close Origin.

3) Restart Origin.

4) Enter your Mass Effect 3 Code in Origin. ** Do not begin the download from within Origin. **

5) Close out of Origin by right clicking the Origin Icon in the System Tray --> Exit

6) From ME3 disc 1 run setup.exe. Origin should start and ME3 should begin downloading

Edit: Format.

Does this technique work for all ea games, like nfs shift 2?

Message 45 of 66 (4,829 Views)

★★ Novice

That doesn't work for me. It just goes back to origin to continue downloading Frown

Message 46 of 66 (4,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You were very lucky.  I contacted the Live Chat, and spent an hour following directions and trying to convince them I just needed a new code.  I was finally asked to do a "Clean boot" to fix the problem, and gave up on them.

Very disappointed, was a very friendly 'Advisor', but terrible technical support.

Message 47 of 66 (4,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
This is what worked for me. I had bought the trilogy and wanted to install from the disk instead of downloading. I have slow DSL so doing this saved me a lot of time. Then you can run the game. Hope this works for you.

1) Start the download
2) Once started pause the download
3) copy the .01 file from disk one to your desktop
4) copy the .02 file from disk two to your desktop
5) Extract the files to your desktop. (I used WINRAR and it kept the directory structure)
6) Move the Mass Effect folder on your desktop to the origin games folder. Overwrite all files if it asks.
7) go back to origin and resume your download and the download bar will jump to 99% after a couple minutes and make the necessary updates to run the game.

Note: This saves you from having to download the games. But Origin will download the latest client version of the games. This procedure works on all 3 games
Message 48 of 66 (4,706 Views)

★★ Novice

@Oxendine9381 wrote:

This is what worked for me. I had bought the trilogy and it wanted to install from the disk instead of downloading. All the other options didn't work and I tried a lot of options. Start the download in origin. Once the download is started pause it. Now put in disk 1 and copy the file with the extension .01 to your desktop. Put in the second disk and copy the zip file from that  disk to your desktop and extract the game. It will expand in the folder structure in was compressed in. Once that is done, copy the mass effect folder into the directory where origin saves you downloaded games. It works with all three versions for me. Then go back to origin and resume download. After a couple of minutes it will jumped to 99% and then update any files that need to be updated. This doesn't take long to do. I have slow DSL so doing this saved me a lot of time. Then you can run the game. Hope this works for you.

I just stumbled over this post after coming to this solution myself - only took me 4h :>

Someone from EA/Origin should put that in bright, big, red letters in their FAQ.

Message 49 of 66 (4,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the same thing, but they didn't gave me a new code, they just said... You have to download the 3 games... i live in a third world country( aka Costa Rica) and my bandwidth is really bad... 2MB, it will take me at least a week to download the 3 games, it's incredible that in 2016 they haven't fix this problem.

Message 50 of 66 (4,639 Views)