Re: How do I install from disc without download?

by sundance31us

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This solution did not work for me.

Since ME2, I have not seen a product from Bioware that worked right for me first time and have had to spend my own time doing part of EA/Bioware's job for them!

What was the point of buying a retail disc (more expensive in my case) if I can't actually install from it?

Message 11 of 66 (14,230 Views)

[ Edited ]

@cazadordebrujas wrote:

How do i remove the ME3 files?

Look for ME3 files in your "Bioware" (My Documents) and "Origin Games" (Program Files) folders.

Examples:

C:\Users\NAME\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3

After copying any saved games from: "C:\Users\NAME\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save" into a safe location, delete the "Mass Effect 3" folders; if you're not comfortable deleting them you could try renaming them or moving them to a neutral spot instead.

Edit I: To add quote.

Edit II: To add warning.

SD Signature Banner

Message 12 of 66 (14,221 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It still doesn't solve the problem.  Retail disc will not install from the media.

Message 13 of 66 (14,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok, honestly... how stupid can that be?! I bought the game which comes in the disc and i have to download 10gb of files to install it? Great job EA, you just lost a customer! What a waste of time and money.

Message 14 of 66 (14,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@sundance31us wrote:

@cazadordebrujas wrote:

How do i remove the ME3 files?

Look for ME3 files in your "Bioware" (My Documents) and "Origin Games" (Program Files) folders.

Examples:

C:\Users\NAME\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3

Delete the "Mass Effect 3" folders; if you're not comfortable deleting them you could try renaming them or moving them to a neutral spot instead.

Edit: To add quote.

You should at least mention that by deleting the files under "my documents" that you'll also delete every savegame and careers from ME3! Especially if you have not enabled cloud sync.

Message 15 of 66 (14,197 Views)

@1ago wrote:

You should at least mention that by deleting the files under "my documents" that you'll also delete every savegame and careers from ME3! Especially if you have not enabled cloud sync.

Warning added.

SD Signature Banner

Message 16 of 66 (14,187 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey,

I encountered the same problem, and I spoke to EA support advisors, who sadly could not tell me anything beyond "Sorry, we are working at resolving the problem."

But, after clicking through several pages of search results here, I found this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/how-do-you-install-mass-effect-3-from-the-disc/m-p/54696#M470

This solution worked for me, no new key or any download needed at all. Sure, it is not the most comfortable solution, but at least it works. Just follow the steps given in the solution and you won't need to download 11 GB of data.

@ Moderators: Is there any way to give this information as a temporary solution to the live chat advisors? I think this is at least better than telling people to just download 11 GB via Origin.

Message 17 of 66 (14,142 Views)

cant install with DVD keeps trying to download

★★ Novice

also now it says my serial code is invalid it has already been used 

Message 18 of 66 (14,004 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks man, that looks useful. However, it doesn't solve our problem at all. WTF EA? I bought the box and i can't use dvd's because my code was used before ONLY FOR my disc but not for DOWNLOADING? It doesn't even makes sense. GOD! ORIGIN SUCKS! EA SUCKS because they do nothing to solve this shat.

Message 19 of 66 (13,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, (so very sorry (& p---off)) that might work if Origin didn't automatically check for an updated version AND fail with error 7049:12175 locking out the DVD install Frown    Also have a slow Australian internet conn. so game download is out of the question Frown

Here is a quote from my Facebook page explaining a bit of what I've been going through.

Great error fix, uninstall Origin including editing your registry (Dangerous for the uninitiated) Install the updated Origin. Install game, game wont install unless you let it install Origin, it overwrites the updated version then tries to auto update error 7049:12175 Back to square one. Can't install the game without the updated origin. Why oh why is clever Bioware connected to this bunch of useless f@@@wits Frown(((((

Message 20 of 66 (13,933 Views)