Re: How do I associate a gamertag with a different EA account?

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

How do I associate a gamertag with a different EA account?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

A while ago I made an EA account and linked it to my gamertag.  I must have forgotten, and I later made an EA account and linked it to my PSN ID.  I didn't realize until I went to play Mass Effect 3 on Xbox 360 for the first time.  I want to merge them and associate the gamertag with the new account.

The problem is, I don't have access to the old email address from the old account.  It was a gmail account.  It was deleted over 3 years ago.  It's unrecoverable, absolutely gone.

I've brought this up to the game counselors on live chat.  They've had me take pictures and proofs of purchase of DLCs I bought on my gamertag account, proof that I can log in on xbox.com and all that.  After I show the proof, they say that they can't verify that I actually have the old account.  But they wont tell me what exactly is wrong.

This is honestly getting ridiculous.  I'm not trying to scam anyone out of an EA account.  I have full access to my gamertag, hell I can message you through it if you want.  But still, the EA counselors refuse to verify my identity.  What can I do?  I have full access to the gamertag, I'll do whatever you need to prove that it's mine.  Can you even just unassociated my gamertag with any EA account, so I need to sign into one as if it were the first time next time I boot up Mass Effect 3?  Literally all I want is the Galaxy At War website to be reflected on my Gamertag so I can get the achievement for maxing out Readiness.

Message 1 of 3 (634 Views)

I would contact EA advisor again, not every advisor is of the same skill level or motivated to help you the same....basically some are better than others.  And since EA advisor is going to be the only one who can help you with this, as this forum is a player to player help forum....you have to work and get a good advisor to help you....

Sorry, wish I had better news.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (609 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Message 3 of 3 (599 Views)