Re: Help downloading mass effect 3 through origin!!!

by colt1226

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help downloading mass effect 3 through origin!!!

★★★ Newbie

hello, i used to play mass effect 3 for ps3 but recently got a new pc so i decided to buy it for pc. i bought it off of the mass effect 3 official website. i downloaded the game the first time yesterday, along with all of the dlc. when i open the game, the first error i get is: "the mass effect 3 server is unavailable at this time. please try again later." after i click OK, it begins to check for the DLC content, which i have installed. i then get the following error: 

"Unable to authorize the listed DLC. 

Please log into the alliance network with the account used to purchase the DLC. 

ME3: Content Patch DLC Module 

Multiplayer expansion pack 4 

Mass effect 3: earth 

Rebellion pack 

Resurgence multiplayer expansion 

The following downloadable content is corrupt and can not be used. Pleas re-download the downloadable content and try again"

I tried repairing all of the dlc content and the game and that did not work.

I also uninstalled the game and re-installed it over night, and i still get these same errors. I looked around on google and cannot find an answer to my problem. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.                                                                                                             

Message 1 of 9 (2,477 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Maybe you should reinstall it all (with origin) but i'm not sure that it'll works...

Please contact the EA support:

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Change the Country: Select at the bottom on the right "Country selector", and choose "United States".

Select:

-Product: Mass Effect 3

-Category: Technical support

-Plateform: PC

Choose the Live chat option to talk directly to an advisor

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (2,694 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

-Make sure that you've update Origin and your game

-Don't forget to run Origin and Mass Effect 3 as an administrator (And made both as an exception on your firewall)

Message 2 of 9 (2,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there a way to manually update origin? i can't find it. and yes, my game is updated.

and i am running both as an administrator.

When i go to allow them through windows firewall, only mass effect 3 is on the list, origin is not on the list though. 

-thanks 

Message 3 of 9 (2,469 Views)

★★★★ Guide

On Origin, click on "Help" (at the top on the right) and then on about, which version is your origin ?

Message 4 of 9 (2,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my version is: Version 9.0.15.65 - 198678

Message 5 of 9 (2,455 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Your version is up to date.

When you bought it, have you registered your game directly on Origin (redeem code) ? Or on BSN ?

Message 6 of 9 (2,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i redeemed my code on origin when i bought it 

Message 7 of 9 (2,447 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Maybe you should reinstall it all (with origin) but i'm not sure that it'll works...

Please contact the EA support:

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Change the Country: Select at the bottom on the right "Country selector", and choose "United States".

Select:

-Product: Mass Effect 3

-Category: Technical support

-Plateform: PC

Choose the Live chat option to talk directly to an advisor

Message 8 of 9 (2,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok thanks, i'll try that. hopefully it will work and i won't have wasted 30 dollars

Message 9 of 9 (2,426 Views)