Re: Help ME3

by Kelrycor

Original Post

Help ME3

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So i was going to play ME3 and when i try to load my shepard from ME2 i get stuck at the loading screen with de Normandy. What do i do? I'm playing in Xbox 360 and i don't have live 

Message 1 of 7 (676 Views)

@Srta_Lamarr

Is the disc OK? (Clean? Is this the first time you installed the game from this disk?)

Did you tried to reinstall the game?

Did you tried to power cycle the Xbox?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (644 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, it is my fist time installing the game and the cd is clean, i had this  game for some years and only got to play now. And i already tried do reinstall the game and power cell the Xbox and it didn't work

Message 3 of 7 (628 Views)

@Srta_Lamarr

Well, there are several possibility here.

The Disk could be defective, or some error on your hard drive, but also Hardware unrelated stuff.
Can you try swapping to a different gamer-tag and see if the issue still persist?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 7 (614 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, it does.

Message 5 of 7 (601 Views)

@Srta_Lamarr

Well, there are not many things left you could try.

Do you know someone who has ME3 for Xbox as well? Then you could test with his disk.

I will tag @EA_David, maybe he some more ideas, my knowledge about the Xbox is limited.

There is a bank holiday on Monday in Ireland, so it might be that he will not be able to answer before Tuesday.

Message 6 of 7 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Srta_Lamarr

If you start a game with no import of the ME2 char, does it load or only if you use the imported file?

If so, maybe the file is corrupted somehow so ME3 can't acutally read it in, you maybe could start ME2, load a save before the final battle, redo it and than save another final savegame which you try to use in ME3.

If it is not related to the import, then it could be the disc. Discs can get "blind" over years that makes them unreadable, with CDs it happens between 5 to 10 years, but DVDs tend to last für 30 (pressed discs even 100 years). But bright light or sunlight, extreme temperature conditions can render the disc unreadable in a short time. Let your disc lay around for, say ish a week, in front of a window in daily direct sun light, it can already end up in reading failures. The disc itself can look safe and sound, but the drive won't read it anymore correctly. Though the hardware error correction tries figure out the data in defected sectors, but can also tend to give back wrong data to the game or HDD installation that will lead to crashing or freezing games etc.

Best thing would be, if you have a friend that has also a Xbox 360, try the game on his Xbox. If it freezes on the load screen also, it is clearly the disc. If not, it seems to be your hardware. Sometimes a factory reset of the Xbox can help: https://www.wikihow.com/Reset-an-Xbox-360

Be aware that personal data can be lost permanently. So SAVE ANYTHING that is important to you (savegame and stuff).

I don't own an Xbox, so I can't tell you what will be lost in the process and what to do to make run again with your account and savegames. So if you do it, you do it on your own risk. But it might solve your problem as a last resort.

Good luck. And please let us know if something had helped. We are always eager to know the outcome Wink

Message 7 of 7 (526 Views)