Re: Game runs poorly on Steam

★★★★★ Novice

EA do nothing, im going to make a refund

Message 52 of 90 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Novice

Clearly, they are.

See Kent's Full post Here

This issue is currently under investigation. We don't currently have any updates or additional information to share, but as soon as we hear back with more info we'll update this thread to let everyone know. 

Thanks for bearing with us on this. 

/Kent

Message 53 of 90 (1,692 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my 2 week refund period does end shortly... and apparently refunding the Steam Version can cause the Origin Version to disappear with it yikes.... 
I hope this get fixed soon i'd like to enjoy ME 3 on Steam and have it appear together wth ME 1 and 2

Message 54 of 90 (1,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Fayaine wrote:

my 2 week refund period does end shortly... and apparently refunding the Steam Version can cause the Origin Version to disappear with it yikes.... 
I hope this get fixed soon i'd like to enjoy ME 3 on Steam and have it appear together wth ME 1 and 2

That's false, I did my tests on the overlay after refunding, since I couldn't launch the origin version with the steam one installed. Just refund it and buy again later once/if it gets fixed.

Message 55 of 90 (1,612 Views)

★★ Novice

Absolutely not false because I lost all access to the game upon refunding the steam version. I bought the Origin version back in 2012 and suddenly it wants me to buy it again, along with all the DLCs. What a mess. I'm not sure exactly how you can screw this up this badly.

Message 56 of 90 (1,562 Views)

★ Apprentice

To meet with the refund criteria, I refunded the game almost two weeks after buying the game on Steam. Sadly, no fix or solutions have been found on this problem and I had to talk with the EA support to get the game on my Origin account again because apparently you lose your Origin copy as well if you buy the same game on Steam. I'll stick with the Origin version for now.

Message 57 of 90 (1,459 Views)

★★ Novice

@DarthDaedric wrote:

Absolutely not false because I lost all access to the game upon refunding the steam version. I bought the Origin version back in 2012 and suddenly it wants me to buy it again, along with all the DLCs. What a mess. I'm not sure exactly how you can screw this up this badly.

Perhaps it's because I bought my key from a different location than Origin? Either way, I've somehow ended up with 2 playable copies and my refunded copy all listed.

Message 58 of 90 (1,434 Views)

★★★ Novice

The FPS issue for Mass Effect 3 Steam version has been unofficially fixed. Check the below post for details. In short you'll have to install the program / software Reshade and apply it on Mass Effect 3 and that's it. Buttery smooth FPS. Still waiting for EA to officially fix the issue. Until then, this will be the unofficial solution for FPS drops in the game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2138783032

Message 59 of 90 (1,403 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@HunterKillerGael Just installing Reshade does literally nothing lol it just adds another injector on top of the Origin Overlay and Steam overlay making things worse. No idea why people recommend that it makes literally no sense to be honest.
Message 60 of 90 (1,400 Views)