by WakeXT

Original Post

Re: Game runs poorly on Steam

★★★★★ Novice

EA, hello, maybe you do something???

Message 31 of 90 (2,805 Views)

★ Novice

just need the OriginThinClient to either allow you to disable the overlay or disable it by default

Message 32 of 90 (2,647 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Boos3yExactly, the thin client started by Steam doesn't respect the settings made for Origin in-game no matter if it's the general setting or on a per game basis.
It's always enabled, sent them feedback last week too about this behaviour.

@EA_Aticmaybe could respond why that is and if it's intentional? Otherwise it might be a good idea to forward to the relevant client developers.

Message 33 of 90 (2,630 Views)

★ Novice
@WakeXT if there is a config ini or something to hardcode and set to read only that would do the trick ,just don't know if that exists
Message 34 of 90 (2,606 Views)

EA DICE Team
@WakeXT Performance being bad is not intentional.

The relevant teams for this have been notified, but no new updates with me currently.

/Atic
Message 35 of 90 (2,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_AticThank you. With intentional I meant the thin client not having/respecting the overlay on/off settings for some reason or policy.

I wouldn't say it's the game at fault per se, since stuff like Origin, Steam, RTSS and others hooking into it to present an overlay can cause separate issues with particular titles as we can see while the majority work just fine.

Message 36 of 90 (2,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

I'm having the same issues as everyone else on the Steam Forums and here. Horrid FPS drops that i didn't have with my Origin Copy after disabling the overlay while the Steam Version doesn't let me disable it thus resulting in horrible performence. 

Attached my DXDiag if it's still needed ! I Appreciate you fixing the issue since it's not just some but all users. 
Thank you !

Message 37 of 90 (2,410 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

Hey, cheers for attempting to do something, I refunded on Steam a few days back as I assumed EA would be plugging their ears and refuse to do anything.

I can confirm it is 100% the overlay, as I did a test with the Origin only install. I was on the 120fps cap without the overlay, and if I loaded with the overlay, the fps went down to 30-60, and my mouse sensitivity was all over the place. The performance with the overlay seemed the exact same as what I was getting vis Steam, so all EA really need to do is provide an option to close the damn overlay, no fancy debugging needed.

Message 38 of 90 (2,355 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic thx for your attention
Message 39 of 90 (2,228 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hope it will be fix soon than later

Message 40 of 90 (1,971 Views)