Game doesnt install

by Balzakst

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game doesnt install

★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

I just bought Mass effect 3 and waited for the download process, then I clicked on "install" it takes less than a minute to say that is completed, but I get back the "Install" button. I checked and the game is phisically copied in the hard drive.

Could you please help me find out why I cant get it working? Maybe there is a way to get the error messages and determine if the issue is on Origin or in ME3, or maybe somewhere else.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7 (716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game doesnt install

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I took your suggestions and tried everything again from the top:

1 - Created a new disk partition dedicated to Origin data.

2 - Deleted Mass effect 3

3 - Chaged the installation path from the Application Properties Menu, now is pointing to the new disk

4 - Started Origin as admin

5 - Selected Mass effect3 and started Downloading again

6- After it finished the download it enabled the "Play" option Standard smile

So far game is running smooth, thank you! I'll podst this as a solution, is extreme, but worked so far.

Thank you again!

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (772 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I've sent an error report with tthe ID# 0bdc5f567013071f. Do you know if this will speed up things?

Thank you!

Message 2 of 7 (708 Views)

Community Manager

@Balzakst Hey, those error reports can be helpful for more advanced troubleshooting which may come later, but for now it shouldn't be necessary. 

In Origin when you click the game panel do you have a button that says "Play"? If you right-click the game panel do you have a repair option? If so can you try running it?

If the problem still persists please check the game folder to see the game's install size. You can go do Origin Games then right-click Mass effect 3 and choose Properties to see this.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, thank you for the reply,  no and no.

As I said before the only option I have is to Install the game, and I did it already,

After the installation took place it shows the "Install" option again.  And I dont have any other option, not repair, not play nothing else. I can go to the Game properties but I only can check or uncheck the option for storing saved games in the cloud, the CD Key and a Epilepsy Warning. I also said that I checked that the game is installed and the files are right where its supposed to be. BTW I can see the size here and it is 11.7gb. I tried to execute it from there but it goes to Origin.

Please forgive my tone here but it is frustrating to receive such an answer two days after I paid for this game and Just had to wait all this time for an admin to ask the same questions I already sent the first time. Could you please tell me what else can I try? I understand this must be a stupid thing, no need to open an error report, but please try to understand my point here.

Thank you in advance.

Message 4 of 7 (696 Views)

Community Manager

@Balzakst Thank you for the extra info. To check for a permissions issue, can you try restarting Origin as an administrator, then see if the install will make any further progress?

If this has no effect/nothing changes, can I check where you're installing the game to, and do you have more than 1 hard drive?

If you click on Origin in the top left of the app then open Application Settings, you can check the Installs and Saves tab. This will show the intended install location for the game.

If you have more than 1 drive can you try installing to the new location? Once you startthe fresh install you can stop it, then move your existing Mass Effect 3 folder to the new location. Once this completes please restart Origin and try the install again.

You can find a bit more info on backups here. https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I took your suggestions and tried everything again from the top:

1 - Created a new disk partition dedicated to Origin data.

2 - Deleted Mass effect 3

3 - Chaged the installation path from the Application Properties Menu, now is pointing to the new disk

4 - Started Origin as admin

5 - Selected Mass effect3 and started Downloading again

6- After it finished the download it enabled the "Play" option Standard smile

So far game is running smooth, thank you! I'll podst this as a solution, is extreme, but worked so far.

Thank you again!

Message 6 of 7 (773 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thank you for the update. 

Hopefully it won't be necessary, but let us know if you encounter any further issues. 

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (671 Views)