Re: Game (ME3) won't launch, Origin screen "refreshes" and nothing hap

by holger1405

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

@kyokomiiki wrote:

@holger1405  I own the game on Steam, and after the origin update it wasn't working right anymore. I tried to reinstall Origin but it was still saying the Origin thin setup was not detected when I repaired them game in Origin/Steam. 

I finally found a fix that works - I reset my computer and installed everything from scratch and the game is working now without issues. 

WOW!  That's great news.

And I had no idea Intel had advanced the integrated GPU capabilities that far.  Although I do think this game would be the limit of what it could handle.  Game developers, (well, AAA game developers) keep pushing the limits of what the (current) hardware can handle!

Message 41 of 45 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kyokomiiki wrote:

I finally found a fix that works - I reset my computer and installed everything from scratch and the game is working now without issues. 

Yeah, that helps most of the time. Standard smile Have fun gaming!

@ThandalNLyman  wrote:

Game developers, (well, AAA game developers) keep pushing the limits of what the (current) hardware can handle!

Sure, this GPU is not able to run new AAA games at acceptable frame-rates, but ME3 is an relatively old lady by now. Wink

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 42 of 45 (1,402 Views)

★★ Novice

Short version: If you're running a virtual machine through Parallels disable the "Share Mac user folders with Windows" option. Click on the VM taskbar button -> Configure -> Sharing tab -> Deselect "Share Mac user folders with Windows". https://forum.parallels.com/threads/mass-effect-3-wont-launch-no-error-message-given.260537/

Long version: I've been having various problems running ME3 (Origin install, not Steam), and each time I fix it, it breaks again and requires a different fix. In detail: the first time it wouldn't launch I repalced the .dll files and that worked. The second time it didn't run, I replaced the .dll files again (even though they were still the same modified ones), but that didn't work. The next suggestion I found on the forums was deleting the folder "C:/Users/[userName]/Documents/BioWare/Mass Effect 3". That worked. The second time I couldn't start start ME3 I tried that fix--it didn't work. Now I've found this new solution, which I hope is permanent since it seems to encompass the previous two solutions. I'm running Windows on a virtual machine (through Parallels, very good product), and apparently there's a setting can prevent ME3 from running. I've just disabled that option and now I can launch ME3 through origin. Hurray! I do believe this is the permanent fix, since the VM can interfere with user documents (second fix), and of course the hardware settings are read through the VM (first fix).

Message 43 of 45 (1,204 Views)

@ChemGuy88 

Just out of curiosity, how many FPS do you get in what resolution?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 44 of 45 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue for me (twice now since buying), the instruction below solved it for me when nothing else would.  Very fast fix (if it works for you), I'd try this first:

"I was able to fix this by deleting my licenses in %PROGRAMDATA%\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License and then launching the game. This is a hidden folder, so you may need to enable visibility to see it."  (From this Reddit link.)

Message 45 of 45 (1,059 Views)