Re: Face import

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Face import

★ Novice

I remember this being a problem at launch, also remember it being "Fixed" but my imported face from me1>me2 does not transfer to 3. is there a fix that doesnt involve counting slider ticks and restarting me2 a billion times. ill take a picture and try to recreate if i have to but i'd rather not.

Message 1 of 8 (2,706 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@SuperMegaSherman

Ok try this:

Open the savegame from the character you try to import with the gibbed ME2 Save editor.

Open the "RAW" Tab > expand "Player" > scroll down to "Face Code".

If the value field on the right side is not empty, delete the face code from it.

Save to a new slot. > test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (2,832 Views)

All Replies

@SuperMegaSherman

This problem was solved with a patch.

Is you Game fully updated? (In Origin, menu top left corner > Origin > Application settings > Application > Client update > Automatic game updates > On?)

If that don't helps, this blog lists all possible solutions.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 8 (2,690 Views)

★ Novice

yes auto updates are on, the problem persists as it did at launch, me1 uses sliders, me2 takes raw data from sliders and uses default custom face code as a placeholder, me3 reads faces code as if actual face but ends up just being the default face. currently the only fix seems to be (according to your link) to take a picture of my character, and recreate as best as possible, or count tick marks on sliders and generate the custom face code. frankly, i dont have time for any of that *, i just want one of the main selling features of mass effect to function as advertised. is there a fix that doesnt involve any of that?  

Message 3 of 8 (2,682 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SuperMegaSherman

As said, the issue was fixed with patch 1.02. Here is the patch history of ME3, the newest version is 1.05.

Go to your game folder (">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries") and run the "MassEffect3Config.exe"

Look under the "Game" Tab for the versions number of your game. 

To make sure, you did not altered your Shep's face with a save editor in ME2?

You get a default Shep at import, not a different version that just don't fit your Shepard? 

Message 4 of 8 (2,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

game version says 1.05, and importing gives me the default custom face, the red haired pale asian guy with a stubble goatee. but thats just the face you get when you first click on custom face regardless of importation or not. so in a way yes it doesn't look anything like my shepard. i also did not change anything with the save editor. the problem started before i got the save editor.

Message 5 of 8 (2,658 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SuperMegaSherman

Ok try this:

Open the savegame from the character you try to import with the gibbed ME2 Save editor.

Open the "RAW" Tab > expand "Player" > scroll down to "Face Code".

If the value field on the right side is not empty, delete the face code from it.

Save to a new slot. > test.

Message 6 of 8 (2,833 Views)

★ Novice

Holy * it worked. turns out deleting the face code forces me3 to interpret the raw slider data as me2 did, shep looks a tad bit different but its 95% there. ill take it. you're my hero thank you.

Message 7 of 8 (2,625 Views)

@SuperMegaSherman

@SuperMegaSherman wrote:

Holy * it worked. turns out deleting the face code forces me3 to interpret the raw slider data as me2 did

Yes, that is exactly right. Your post forced my to activate regions of my brain I did not visited for some time now. Wink

Glad that it helped and you're welcome.

Message 8 of 8 (2,613 Views)