Exp and credits disappear after Gold run

by TheFirstHumanN7

Original Post

Exp and credits disappear after Gold run

★★★ Newbie

This is the second time this has happened. I successfully completed a Gold difficulty PUG run (joined in progress during round 1) and the EXP and credits I was awarded suddenly vanished when I left the team to buy a PSP and change toons/gear. 

This is the the second time in 2 weeks since the most recent Origin patch. This is actually the second bug I noticed. Originally I was receiving N7 loot at a rate of 1 for every 4-5 PS Packs I opened...but upon completion of unlocking every Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rade Character, Weapon, Weapon Mod, Gear etc, and completion of leveling up EVERY Weapon, Weapon mod, Character, Gear etc EXCEPT the N7 weapons which are all unlocked and they all range from Levels 1-6, suddenly all of the N7 drops have stopped...

I play hours and hours every day, I played over 200 hours with no issues and then this patch, I am currently around 217 hours and change, like I said; these passed 2 weeks, suddenly the N7 drops stopped, after millions of credits and somewhere between $80-$120 USD all spent on PS Packs, not 1 single N7 weapons level up drop. And now for the second time in 2 weeks I play a match, we win, I receive the reward (exp and credits) only for them to vanish as soon as I leave the team essentially losing game progress...

anyone have ave any ideas or similar stories since the Origin patch in early/mid July 2018?

Message 1 of 2 (597 Views)

Re: Exp and credits disappear after Gold run

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TheFirstHumanN7

The group I usually play with in ME3 regularly also notice this "vanishing" of credits. But the money is appearing again later on, in the same mysterious way. At least for us. But this is not an actual issue, this also happend 3-4 years back.

ME3 is a peer-to-peer multiplayer game. Means the EA server just helps you to find game lobbies you can enter and is keeping game profiles and stats, but the actually game is hosted by the PC of this particular player while playing the rounds.

If you finshed a game, it needs some time for the EA server to get the result for the database. So if you leave quickly or enter the shop too fast after a round finished the money seems to vanish. That is due to the EA server is sending your client an old credit amount. If you wait about 5 minutes, or after finishing the next round, and enter the shop, the money you formerly lost is suddenly added, because the EA server finally process the credits from the former hosts game.

There are some rare occasion in which game stats can be lost permanently, if the host is leaving the game via ALT+F4 directly after finsihing the round and the PC of the host could not send the stats to the EA server in time, and also none of the other players waited to take the host position. Then there is no host that can transfer the games result to the EA server, making everyone loosing the money for good. But this is a very special circumstance that happens not often. You can avoid that by staying in the game when the host changes and leave the lobby after about 5-10 seconds if you want to leave at all. Never press the "cancel" button to quickly that will appear when the host changes. That is all.

If it works the same with exp I cannot tell, because we didn't really cared about that a lot .

The N7 drops are random, really really random. Because I began to play ME3 when the last patch already was released I cannot tell the difference. I cannot imagine that the Origin patch itself has any influence on the inner game mechanics at all - so I doubt it. I needed about 2 years ish to get all N7 weapons to maximum level without any real money spent. Especially the Cerberus Harrier took ages for me.

But since the game still makes a lot of fun, I already collected 91 million credits again and I am unable to spend it on new stuff - but I don't really care. You will make enough money, especially if you begin to master platinum difficulty (every platinum round means nearly 2 premium spectre packs), and the N7 drops will come in. For some players faster than for others, yes, it is the same with Mass Effect Andromeda. But finally you will get every item as well Standard smile

Best luck.

Message 2 of 2 (512 Views)