Re: Eve dies despite 'doing everything right'

by brownc4518

Original Post

Eve dies despite 'doing everything right'

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

So I want Eve alive, but she always dies. Mordin is alive and loyal. Wrex is alive as well. I made sure to save Maelon's data from ME2 (it says so in the imported save file). And I did the bomb mission before and she did not die from that. Mordin was able to make the cure, he said she died from 'stress from the testing' or something and she coughs when she talks. Come to think of it, Mordin never really mentions Maelon's data at all.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (2,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In the quest that gives you the option to either save the genophage data or destroy it  (old blood) you are given three options for conversation. The paragon, the middle ground, and the renegade. If you choose the middle ground answer instead of the paragon then the game tends to glitch out on you and it thinks that you choose the destroy option instead of the save option even though it shows up as the saved cure when you go to check. Another way to help is to exhaust all of Eve's conversation trees and talk to Mordin about the cure.  

Message 2 of 5 (2,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same issue. I have saved her before and now all the sudden no matter how many new playthroughs 1 then 2 and I save Maelons data I get to 3 and she dies. Every. Single. Time. I do everything in order and everything right. I am thinking you are on to something with the stupid thing not reading my response right because it says I saved the cure but it is CLEARLY not reacting to the choice. I'm over it. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,935 Views)

@ErikaLeigh 

The cure is not the only precondition you need to fulfil if you want save Eve.

If you are on a PC you can check the flags with a save editor.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (1,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Intothefray71Had the same issue. Wrex/ mordin alive, loyal. Saved the data and Maelon.

Get gibbed save editor. Open your save game that's closest to where you want to play. I opened mine right before the reaper/hammers.

You'll need to use the raw data option, I believe. Get '1456.' If Eve died on you, it should say 'false.' If it did, clear the search and do it again, but select the 'set' option. It'll change to 'true.' Now save the game and restart the actual game with your updated save. She should live now.

Message 5 of 5 (1,435 Views)