Re: Do I need to play multilayer to complete Mass Effect 3?

by morbidtexan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do I need to play multiplayer to complete Mass Effect 3?

★★★★ Novice

Do I need to play multiplayer to complete Mass Effect 3?

Message 1 of 5 (1,702 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do I need to play multiplayer to complete Mass Effect 3?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Completing multiplayer will allow you to gain "Galactic Readiness" increasing the percentage of war assets that are usable in the final areas.

By reaching level 20 on one of your Multiplayer characters, you can Promote the character. This will move them to your singleplayer war assets for 75 points, and reset their multiplayer level to 1. Kind of like a prestige system.

tl;dr: If your approaching the end and are lacking in war assets, multiplayer is an excellent way to boost your assets.Confusedmileyvery-happy:

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,796 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Nah, you can complete the game either way. I hear that the ending changes if you play multiplayer but I beat the single player before I played multiplayer. Actually it is more like co-op just you and three others but that is neither here nor there. The point is that you can complete the campaign without playing multiplayer.

Message 2 of 5 (1,699 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You can get a better ending if you put some time in MP. It's pretty fun.

Message 3 of 5 (1,691 Views)

I would also note that since the release of the Extended Cut the minimum EMS needed for an optimal ending is 3,100 (6,200 War Assets with a 50% Readiness Rating).

SD Signature Banner

Message 4 of 5 (1,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Completing multiplayer will allow you to gain "Galactic Readiness" increasing the percentage of war assets that are usable in the final areas.

By reaching level 20 on one of your Multiplayer characters, you can Promote the character. This will move them to your singleplayer war assets for 75 points, and reset their multiplayer level to 1. Kind of like a prestige system.

tl;dr: If your approaching the end and are lacking in war assets, multiplayer is an excellent way to boost your assets.Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 5 (1,797 Views)