DirectX Installation Error (327684:1) for Mass Effect 3 from Digital Trilogy

by ferfoxsake

Original Post

DirectX Installation Error (327684:1) for Mass Effect 3 from Digital Trilogy

★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I've just bought the Mass Effect Trilogy for PC via digital download. I'm having issues with installing Mass Effect 3. The download process is fine, however, when it tries to install, the following error messages pop up:

Error Popup.JPG

Error Popup 2.JPG

The error message is 327684:1. My error report number is 0e25daeea007108c.

I've followed a few guides online, namely:

• Running Origin as admin
  • Reinstalling Origin
  • Removing the .cab files from the DirectX /redist folder
  • Running the DirectX web installer as an admin
  • Repairing the vc_redist files as an admin
  • Running my PC with a Clean Boot
  • Using safe mode to download the game
  • Adding Origin to the exceptions list of Windows Defender Firewall (I have no other antivirus)
  • Minimising the UAC settings on my PC
  • Clearing Origin's cache

I'm not sure how to fix this when none of the above seems to work Devil. I've attached the DxDiag, InstallLog (for Mass Effect 3), and sfc /scannow results from my PC, so someone who is more computer literate than me may be able to understand. 

My PC specs are:

Specs.JPG

Thank you for any help!

Message 1 of 8 (1,809 Views)

Re: DirectX Installation Error (327684:1) for Mass Effect 3 from Digital Trilogy

@ferfoxsake

Your Windows 10 is an Education edition that is still on build 1709, does your educational establishment not permit further upgrades?

There is also a "TiWorker.exe" error in your DxDiag. The "TiWorker.exe" is part of the Windows update process, is your system up to date in regards to normal security and stability updates?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 8 (1,769 Views)

Re: DirectX Installation Error (327684:1) for Mass Effect 3 from Digital Trilogy

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@holger1405, thanks for checking out my specs and noticing an issue! I've been updating my PC whenever new updates come out, so I'm not sure where the update issue has originated. I just checked Windows update in Services and it was turned off, so I've just switched it back on. Hopefully, that helps my PC (along with the games!). I'll give a follow up ASAP Standard smile 

EDIT: After restarting my PC, the same error still pops up when attempting to install the game Frown I've attached the new DXDiag and InstallLog.

Message 3 of 8 (1,763 Views)

@ferfoxsake

Refer to this guide to completely uninstall Origin. (How to uninstall the Origin client the hard way)
If you already have done it that way let us now.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 8 (1,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion Standard smile. I haven't tried uninstalling Origin through the system registry, so I'll give that a try when I get my PC back (I'm currently moving, to make matters difficult Tongue out). 

Message 5 of 8 (1,729 Views)

@ferfoxsake

Thumbs up Do that, but this is more to make sure that Origin is definitively not responsible.

Imho this is a Windows problem.

Message 6 of 8 (1,717 Views)

★★ Novice

@holger1405

It looks like it's an issue with my PC - uninstalling Origin the hard way didn't seem to fix the error (which sucks!). Thanks for your help Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (1,666 Views)

@ferfoxsake

No problem. If you have further questions, fell free to ask.

Message 8 of 8 (1,647 Views)