Re: DLC transfer from Xbox to PC?

by dumbiee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DLC transfer from Xbox to PC?

★★★ Newbie

hi all. I was wondering if it was possible to download DLCs for Mass Effect for the PC if I had purchased them previously for the Xbox 360? I don't really want to have to buy them again.

on the Bioware Social site it lists all the DLCs I've purchased and for which consoles -- is it possible to access a purchased DLC on any system regardless of where I originally purchased it? or do I really have to pay for them all a second time?

thanks for your time!

Message 1 of 3 (3,674 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

DLC is tied to the platform you bought it for.

That's because the content is hosted by different companies. The Xbox DLC is hosted by Microsoft who receive a cut of the revenue, while the PC DLC is hosted by EA who get the full cut. Buying the DLC for Xbox 360 and then downloading it on PC would be less beneficial for EA, because they would have to pay for bandwidth while only getting a share of the profits.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,029 Views)

All Replies

Hero

DLC is tied to the platform you bought it for.

That's because the content is hosted by different companies. The Xbox DLC is hosted by Microsoft who receive a cut of the revenue, while the PC DLC is hosted by EA who get the full cut. Buying the DLC for Xbox 360 and then downloading it on PC would be less beneficial for EA, because they would have to pay for bandwidth while only getting a share of the profits.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (4,030 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

aah, alright. that makes sense. thank you for clarifying!

Message 3 of 3 (3,651 Views)