Re: Cutscene Super Speed Issue

by holger1405

Original Post

Cutscene Super Speed Issue

★ Novice

I've had a look about and I don't believe this has been mentioned already.

I've had the game installed since I got this laptop a half a year or so ago and I worked fine. Uninstalled it to save storage and reinstalled it a couple of days ago.

The issue is that in the cut scenes the facial animations and head movements activate their NOS's and go a million times faster. Now I thought this was limited to the cut scenes but after getting to the citadel hospital and looking at that PTSD asari talk, the super fast animations reared their head once again. The only times when this speed didn't appear was when certain actions were being performed (eg- typing on a computer). On top of this, certain moments In a couple of the cut scenes completely glitches out. The landscape disappears, pretty much, and all the character models transform into the Gmod T shape and don't move. 

(This has happen twice so far, once when the kid get on the transports and they blow up, starts just before Shepard looks out to see the kid and finishes with her looking sad and walking into the Normandy, the second time started when James rammed the Cerberus transport on mars and finished when you have to shoot Dr Eva, don't even get to see Ashley's face smashed in)

Now, I'm not a computer man, I couldn't tell you the difference between a CPU and GPU, so if I'm asked to do anything technical I'll need some form of instruction.

Laptop Specs if needed:

Latest 6th Gen. Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ processor
Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Pro
Intel® HM170
DDR4-2133, 2 slots, Max 32GB
15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080), IPS level panel
GeForce® GTX 970M
GDDR5 3GB
1 x 2.5" HDD + 1 x NVMe M.2 SSD by PCIe Gen3 X4 / SATA-SSD Combo
Sound by Dynaudio with Woofer
Exclusive Audio Boost Technology
Nahimic Audio Enhancer

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]

@nat40002

OK, if I get you right here your cutscene animations run to fast and sometimes the game freezes.

Do you use any Mods?

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME3 > Repair)

If that don't helps, create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (458 Views)

★ Novice

As well as just in the game world when your walking about, yes your assessment is correct

No mods are in use nor have ever been used, I did the repair but the same that changed nothing.

Here is the DxDiag

Message 3 of 4 (438 Views)

@nat40002

Your MSI Notebook uses the NVIDIA Optimus technology.

With this technology, both GPUs, (the Intel and the NVIDIA GPU) are always involved in the rendering processes, so it is very important that both GPU drivers are coordinated.

I recommend that you install the latest drivers available from MSI for both the Intel and the NVIDIA GPU of your Notebook.

https://de.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE62-6QF-Apache-Pro#down-driver&Win10%2064

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (418 Views)