Re: Crashing on Priority: Sur'kesh

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing on Priority: Sur'kesh

★★★ Novice

Problem: Every time I reach close to the top of the ladder, when taking the alternative route after the bomb explosion in the elevator, the game crashes/freezes. 
I have Garrus and Javek with me on this mission.

PC Setup:

i7 7700k

GPU: 670GTX (latest drivers)

24GB Ram

Windows 10

I do have the ALOT textures installed with the most recent updates. Worked perfectly fine with ME1-2 and till this point in 3.

What I've tried:
Found no one else with the same bug on the internet.
Set CPU affinity to 0,1

Tried Fullscreen, and Windowed Mode.

Played around with Sound settings.
Disabled Origin In Game
Ran Offline
Ran as administrator. 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (1,553 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

If a crash always occurs at the same spot, it likely means there's data corruption. This can often be fixed by right clicking the game in Origin and selecting the repair game option.

Note that this will probably override your ALOT textures, but odds are the mod is causing the issues. If a repair fixes the issue, I'd suggest playing through Sur'Kesh before reinstalling ALOT.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,685 Views)

All Replies

Hero

If a crash always occurs at the same spot, it likely means there's data corruption. This can often be fixed by right clicking the game in Origin and selecting the repair game option.

Note that this will probably override your ALOT textures, but odds are the mod is causing the issues. If a repair fixes the issue, I'd suggest playing through Sur'Kesh before reinstalling ALOT.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,686 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of that worked. Removed ALOT. Repaired. Still crashes when I reached the top of the ladder. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,341 Views)

@Ragsza

Make sure Origin is completely closed.

Go to your "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame" folder and move the "Config" folder to your desktop. > Test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (1,319 Views)