Crash on start up

by Credit2team

Original Post

Re: Crash on start up

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me, thanks, you're a star.

Message 31 of 42 (2,172 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Randomly the unglug the net cable trick worked. Glad I can play again. 

Message 32 of 42 (2,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue.. Changing the .exe compatibility to Win XP SP3 worked for me.

Go to the installation directory 

shouls be something like: "C:\ ......\Origin\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\"

Right click "MassEffect3.exe" and select "Properties"

Select the tab "Compatibility" and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"

Select Privilige Level: "Run as Administrator"

Save and run the game.

I'm using Windows 8 but I guess this should also work for Windows 7..

Message 33 of 42 (2,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked for me!!  FInally!

Except I changed the compatibility from Win XP to Win 7 SP, and the game started right up.

Message 34 of 42 (1,948 Views)

★★ Novice

@juxtapositron wrote:

Alright, I finally found a workaround that works (for me). Here's what it is:

You need to find your Bioware folder, the one that contains all your saves. For me, the path was My Documents > BioWare > Mass Effect 3 > Save >

Then, you need to dig out the "Local_Profile.sav" file. Back it up. There might be multiple copies.

Save the backup in a folder. I have a generic backup folder in My Documents. Whatever. Just get it out of there!

Delete the file "Local_Profile.sav"

Game should run.

Back on the main subject, however, this is a serious bug and it needs to be solved. There are multiple threads on multiple forums complaining about this issue, and all of them look similar to this one. Please fix it!

I've tried this workaround multiple times already....on whim i saw that u had posted it as well so i figured screw it ill try it again....and it worked....After over  ayear of begging origin to help me it came down to your helpful post. TYVM sir.

Message 35 of 42 (1,760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Quite perculiar. This bug has been here for over 2 years, and EA hasn't done anything about it. As far as I know, a guy from EA has posted asking if we have all tried the workarounds posted. What the... ? What about fixing this?

I have tried all the suggestions here. None have worked. My money is on, that the game saves some odd setting that makes the game crash. I can't believe that the game fetches savegames 1-2 seconds into the loading of the game. I refuse to believe that. I installed the game after some months away from the game yesterday. It worked like a charm on first launch. The day after, broken.

Message 36 of 42 (1,629 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont even get to the ea symbol and i have no saves to delete. I tried the rest of the stuff in here. I dont have the retaliation dlc, and origin doesnt seem to be the problem. I just bought this last night. If this continues to be an issue, I will conclude you no longer care for your customers and i will cease playing your games. 

Message 37 of 42 (1,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have just deleted everything in my doc folder for me3 and it worked straight away i am just redownloading all of my dlc and seeing if it still works

@Credit2team wrote:

Ok so my game was working fine a couple days ago. Now Mass effect 3 crashes right after checking downloaded content

Peculiar things about the crash:
- eacoreserver .exe doesn't seem to be starting up right, seems to either not start up at all or close very quickly
- if I play the game with origin in offline mode single player works
- putting origin back online lets multilayer work but without any dlc
- my voice input/output seems to be not working, both boxes are blank and will not allow me to select a device

Things I've already tried:
reinstalling me3 and origin
repairing the install
updating all sound and video drivers
disabling sound devices
deleting local content in the my documents/bioware folder
system restore to back when it was working
checked firewall, antivirus and router to make sure nothing was getting blocked

any help/suggestions would be apreciated

Message 38 of 42 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I deleted a C:\Users\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3 and start a game from install folder 

no crash on start up

game wrote new data in folder  and thinks now work fine

Hope this  help someone 

Message 39 of 42 (1,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fix with removing Local_Profile.sav worked immediately. Thank you.

Repairing, upodating and other things didn't work for me. problems started after Retaliation DLC install.

It seems it is a Cloud Save issue. 

Message 40 of 42 (1,221 Views)