Re: Crash on start up

by Renwicke47

Original Post

★ Guide
I have also been having this exact situation for over a month now. I have a case with EA, which will probably go nowhere again. If this is a Bioware issue, they need to issue a patch **bleep** the expense. If this is Origin, fix it already EA; your suggestions for workarounds have been lame thus far and without effect. Yanking a cable is getting old....
Message 21 of 42 (2,534 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here except when my origin/ME3 crashes it goes BSOD on me with a page fault in nonpaged area.  I run vista x64 and have never had a problem with this before and computer can more than run the game.  Have tried everything listed here in this thread.

Message 22 of 42 (2,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

+1 more user with startup BSOD :/ My problem started since June (I hope because I didn't play very much from April to May). It is very frustrating because this game always worked without problems.

Message 23 of 42 (2,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same problem - ME3 crashes on load as soon as it hits the Bioware logo.  I feel the only solution left is to file a complaint with both the Better Business Bureau and with the FTC.  I have filed complaints with the BBB before and generally get quick results.  I have seen from online that others have filed complaints with the FTC in the past which caused Bioware and EA to change the endings of ME3.  I would suggest others do this as well as it is probably the only way to get a fix on this issue.

Message 24 of 42 (2,483 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I guess those of us still having problems should just give up ever playing ME3 ever again? Still crashes during EA opening logo. 

Message 25 of 42 (2,433 Views)

Community Manager

Did you try the workarounds posted in this thread?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 26 of 42 (2,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue. I have almost 300 hours played in the game, every single piece of DLC. I have tried every single thing mentioned in this thread, and in another thread, and I have had no resolution.

Mass Effect is my favorite game series of all time. I'm not here to lambaste someone over perceived incompetence and I'm not looking for a fight... I'm looking to figure out how to play my favorite game. PLEASE help. We NEED a solution to this problem, and we needed it 6 months ago.

I will personally provide any information or assistance I can. You ask, I'll deliver... just PLEASE help me get my game running again. If I wasn't so bald I'd be tearing my hair out over here Tongue out

Message 27 of 42 (2,396 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried every workaround as well as well as every repair/reinstall and still nothing. I agree with juxtapositron, the issue needs to be resolved. The ME series is one of the best I've played and I'd really like to continue playing ME3.....especially with all the money I've spent on DLC etc. No one should have to unplug their net cable or delete DLC files to make the game start. I'm glad it worked for some of you though. But there's obviously still an issue for many of us.

Message 28 of 42 (2,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright, I finally found a workaround that works (for me). Here's what it is:

You need to find your Bioware folder, the one that contains all your saves. For me, the path was My Documents > BioWare > Mass Effect 3 > Save >

Then, you need to dig out the "Local_Profile.sav" file. Back it up. There might be multiple copies.

Save the backup in a folder. I have a generic backup folder in My Documents. Whatever. Just get it out of there!

Delete the file "Local_Profile.sav"

Game should run.

Back on the main subject, however, this is a serious bug and it needs to be solved. There are multiple threads on multiple forums complaining about this issue, and all of them look similar to this one. Please fix it!

Message 29 of 42 (2,390 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wish I could report that that worked. Hopefully the issue will be addressed one way or another soon.

Message 30 of 42 (2,382 Views)