Cloud Save Error on Launch

by dtexneus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cloud Save Error on Launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So recently I got an error from Origin when I launched Mass Effect 3 saying that "A recent sync with the cloud has been interrupted or a sync is currently in progress on another computer. Please try again later." I actually have this same issue with Mass Effect 1 and I read that a solution for that was to tell Origin to restore previous cloud data, this is something that it just won't do for Mass Effect 1 by the way, so I told it to do just that, and then I realize it restored my saves from nearly a month ago. I lost an entire playthrough and was only able to restore one single non-corrupt save from the start, but anyway though the issue was not fixed. This is especially an annoying issue because I sometimes find myself switching between computers to play games (desktop and laptop) depending on where I am. Any help is greatly appreciated. (Also if you have any ideas on how to fix the issue with Mass Effect 1 that would be awesome.)

Message 1 of 9 (2,617 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cloud Save Error on Launch

[ Edited ]

@dtexneus

There are some access errors in the log file.

Restart your router in this way:
Pull the power plug > wait 5 minutes > return the power plug.

Then run Origin as an Administrator.

If that not helps, shut down your Windows firewall and disable the real-time scanner of your antivirus software.. (just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.) > test.

If that also not helps clear your Origin cache:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)

- Move the "Mass Effect 3" and the "Mass Effect" folder from inside the "LocalContent" folder to your desktop.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (2,974 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@dtexneus

Please post your "Client_Log.txt" (Its under "C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs"

You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 9 (2,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Also have it on the post itself.

Message 3 of 9 (2,571 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dtexneus

There are some access errors in the log file.

Restart your router in this way:
Pull the power plug > wait 5 minutes > return the power plug.

Then run Origin as an Administrator.

If that not helps, shut down your Windows firewall and disable the real-time scanner of your antivirus software.. (just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.) > test.

If that also not helps clear your Origin cache:

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)

- Move the "Mass Effect 3" and the "Mass Effect" folder from inside the "LocalContent" folder to your desktop.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

Message 4 of 9 (2,975 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After clearing my Origin cache (I don't have access to my router since I'm using college dorm wi-fi) Mass Effect 3's cloud sync began working again. I'm not surprised Mass Effect 1 is still not working considering it's been doing this not just before I moved out here, but also before I upgraded my OS. Oddly though it works fine on my laptop.

Message 5 of 9 (2,545 Views)

@dtexneus

Good to hear that at least one problem is solved.

About the ME1 problem, it is possible that a college connection blocks specific ports necessary, but you said that the problem existed before you moved to this dorm?

I also would recommand a automated back up of the save files, for all your games. Wink 

Message 6 of 9 (2,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just decided to try moving the Mass Effect 1 file out of the BioWare folder in the Documents directory, and got the same error that I was getting with Mass Effect 3. I did another clearing of the Origin Cache and it's working again. I think there might have been a specific file in there preventing the sync from occurring. I'll look into what save(s) could be causing this.

Edit: It was the four remaining saves of my first playthrough.

Message 7 of 9 (2,521 Views)

@dtexneus

Excellent thinking.

Message 8 of 9 (2,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As if everyone doesnt already run everygame as admin just in case already, restarting a router has nothing to do with storage

Message 9 of 9 (2,066 Views)