Re: Citadel DLC

by LoveParusMajor

Original Post

Citadel DLC

★★★ Newbie
(I have a Playstation 3) I purchased and tried to download this DLC package and an error came up saying that there was a problem with the installation. so I deleted everything on my console for this game (Mass Effect 3. Yes i did play through ME 1 & 2 and yes i kept all that data. I only deleted ME3 stuff)- like everything - then I reinstalled the game and tried downloading the Citadel DLC again and I still don't see it on my console!!

The size of the download is 3387 megabites. I have searched every single possible DLC available and I do not see anything entitled Citadel 2. Can somebody help me?

I even tried starting the game anyway and it goes directly into seeing Kaiden for a brief second then it's me and Anderson meeting with some type of council and then the reapers attack and I'm running and shooting stuff. Is that how the game is supposed start if you have the Citadel DLC?
Message 1 of 5 (674 Views)

Citadel isn't the one you are thinking of, if you are talking about the beginning comic.  Citadel is a later game DLC that is mostly fan service in that it is about Shepard, all the companions, a neat mission, and a party at the end.  The Genesis 2 is the beginning comic and I don't know how much it effects an imported play since most of the choices are made due to the import.  I know I never bothered to get it, because I had so many different ME2 plays and could simply grab a new one if needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Okay well thank you for letting me know that the Citadel DLC isn't at the beginning of the game. Maybe there's something I'm not understanding; I'm not quite sure but when I go into game data utility on the ps3 console I don't see multiple listings for Mass Effect 3 it only says "Mass Effect DLC and Patches" (it's 3387megabites). But for Mass Effect 2 there's the Mass Effect 2 installation and then there's a separate file that is entitled DLC. If you go into the game data utility then should you see a separate file for each piece of DLC you've downloaded or will all the DLC downloads be "lumped" together?
Message 3 of 5 (652 Views)

@Shadowsoulthree

The genesis (Comic DLC at the beginning to make decisions from the previous games) DLC will not start if you import an ME2 character to ME3.

I don't have a PS so I can't say for sure, but the data structure of the games don't has to be alike. Did the download go through?

The Citadel DLC is playable right after you finished the mission "Priority: The Citadel II" (check your Shepard's private terminal for a message from Admiral Hackett.) and until the start of "Priority: Cerberus Headquarters"

If you didn't got an error message this time I would suggest to play the game until you finished "Priority: The Citadel II"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Like the guy above said, DLC opens in the middle of the game trough your email terminal, something about shore leave..

BUT leave that after you gathered all other characters like Tali and Miranda.. The more you wait to activate that DLC the more companions will you have at the party!

Message 5 of 5 (598 Views)