Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Citadel DLC crash when entering normady

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Citadel DLC crash when entering normady

★★★★ Newbie

Just bought the citadel DLC and it's totally broke my game, whenever I enter the Normandy now I get an instant crash, whether I load straight into the normandy or load in the citadel and then enter the normandy...it was working fine before I installed the citadel DLC, I've seen this problem be reported on other forums but never a solution (and I've been looking for hours and am really starting to get pretty frustrated) 

I've done a fresh install of ME3 and the DLCs and no luck, the worst part is I can't just play the game without the citadel DLC because now my save says it wont load without it (I pretty much loaded all my saves that are less than 8 hours old to try make it work not knowing that then adds the DLC to the save file) 

If anyone has found a solution it would really be appreciated, it would be a total bummer if i had to lose 8 hrs of progress and the tenner from the broken DLC because of a bug that's 5 years old... 

Thanks in advance, 

Fred T.A

Message 1 of 3 (253 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Ok, so I did a fresh install of ME3 without citadel and managed to resurrect my save, so that's working. I still would really like to be able to play the DLC that I just paid for tho :/

Message 2 of 3 (241 Views)
Highlighted

What platform are you trying to play on?...as this can make a difference on what is suggested..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help