Re: Cheap Guy Solutions?

by DAW085

Original Post

Cheap Guy Solutions?

★ Guide

I purchased Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 on that other platform. Buying them again on Origin, not a big deal, they are on sale! I consider their prices decent for digital distribution platform pricing!

The DLC though? Like the youtubepoop Miranda says, wtf?

Base game.

ME1 - $5.99. Decent Burger and fries. DLC included. Incredibly sane and reasonable pricing. No complaints here.

ME2 - $7.99 - AT 40% discount! Incredibly fine price, but should come with milkshake. Does not come with story DLC, Frowny face.

Mass Effect 2 DLC $14.99  This would feed greedy roommate I no longer invite to eat with me. More expensive than base game. I know I can't pick and choose, drop armor and weapon DLC's, comic book dlc's, and just get storyline, but this is not leading me into the arms of Origin. Doctor Daniel Jackson did warn me.

ME3 - $7.99 Once again, very fine price for a base game, decent discount even. Been a few years, maybe the community took this one out, dunked it in the dumpster for a bit, but $7.99 is a very reasonable price from EA.

Mass Effect 3 DLC Bundle $17.99. Look. Apparently the base game is painful enough that one NEEDS this DLC to heal the pain. At the same time, this is more than double priced. That would have been $15.98 I know Andromeda needs some major recomp, but this just puts me off.

SO!  Am I an idiot missing boxes in the store? I tried flipping filters, but the trilogy just nets you the ME1 DLC for $17.99. That's still a very generous price, but I don't want to pay $32.98 on top of that.

Gurpreet suggested I contact the forum community on this, so now I have. What say you, followers of Origin?

Message 1 of 6 (567 Views)

@DAW085

If you still in for a refund of the base games of ME1 and ME2 you should do that and then redeem the Steam CD Keys in Origin.

So you will get the base games for free on Origin and you will have the money you saved up for the DLCs.

Did you already purchased DLCs for your Steam installation before?

If so this DLCs will be available in Origin if you use the BSN/EA account you bought them with to redeem the Steam CD keys.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (550 Views)

★ Guide
Heh, quite sure I'm outside the refund window, I purchased the first game during a steam holiday sale, quite possibly the first one, and I got the digital deluxe edition of ME2 several years after that. I followed up on the info the second agent gave me, but ran into a dead end as far as bioware, their site directs you back to the Origin Store.

Spoke with another Support agent, a complete pack does not appear to be in the pipeline, and he wasn't sure if there would be a future discount on the DLC.

So if anyone feels the need, right now you can get the whole thing for $50.97, or you can hold out for a future discount. After the 40% discount goes away, the price jumps up to $84.97

And that sale ends DEC 18th.
Message 3 of 6 (515 Views)

★ Guide

I just did this, and it sucks, but it's the only way. Origin does not have a cart option, so it's three transactions. The support department was kind enough to give me discount codes on top of the existing discounts to offset tax.

1. Buy Mass Effect Trilogy.

2. Buy ME2 DLC bundle.

3. Buy ME3 DLC bundle.

I don't know why they aren't putting out a complete pack, and support says it isn't in the pipeline.

I don't know why Origin doesn't have a cart, but apparently that's "By design" circa 2015. No plans for a cart system.

They did have me go through verification on the account, and tried everything in their power to set up a cart, even on their end. And they couldn't, because apparently that isn't a desired outcome.

So + 5000 points to Support, for being allstars. and a Kick in the Quad for EA and Origin sales departments. Because seriously, it shouldn't be this difficult to buy something that came in a box on other platforms.

I'm not even mad that they're separate products, but you should NOT have to make 3 card transactions.

My bank did flag it, but they were cool, I just had to say it was legit.

Oh, Origin puts a warning on your account if you buy more than 2 products in a row. Gee, maybe a cart would fix that?

This did come in under $40, which was my budget constraint. hence, Cheap guy solutions.

Message 4 of 6 (486 Views)

Not applicable
i did the same thing
Message 5 of 6 (450 Views)

★ Guide
Sucks, but unless we can get an official EA response, this is the only way to do things.
Message 6 of 6 (441 Views)