Cannot s

by ButterMyNugger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot s

★ Novice

Cannot start Mass Effect 3 because of release date check, i cannot even use ORIGIN launcher to use the repair option because I bought it at a goodwill, so its already registered on a different account.

Please help!!!

Message 1 of 14 (6,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot s

[ Edited ]

@ButterMyNugger 

I did get where you got the game from, but the release date check is not working because the game is not registered to your account.

Again, there is no legal way to get this game working on your account and therefore no way to get it working at all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 6 of 14 (6,152 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ButterMyNugger 

Purchasing an Origin account is a violation of our Terms of Service: 

• Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third-party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA.

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

barry.png
Message 2 of 14 (6,223 Views)

★ Novice

I never said anything about purchasing an ORIGIN account? I Just said that bought MASS EFFECT 3 at a goodwill, that games already associated with another ORIGIN account and not mine, so i cant use the repair feature on the ORIGIN launcher. I would like for a solution for my problem

Message 3 of 14 (6,206 Views)

@ButterMyNugger 

The game is bound to the account it was registered on.

Maybe the person sold it to you was not aware of that, but there is no way to make this game work on your account.

All you can do is ask your money back.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 14 (6,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I dont want it registered to my account thats not the issue, the issue is that the release date check fails and i wand a fix.

Can you guys not understand me comments?

And i bought it at a GOODWILL, a thrift shop not an actual person

Message 5 of 14 (6,162 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ButterMyNugger 

I did get where you got the game from, but the release date check is not working because the game is not registered to your account.

Again, there is no legal way to get this game working on your account and therefore no way to get it working at all.

Message 6 of 14 (6,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, however, this has happened because I tried to re-install my game from the original disks I purchased (retail).

Message 7 of 14 (6,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also, in my origin UI after an update, all of the original trilogy games (Mass Effect) disappeared from my games.

Message 8 of 14 (6,067 Views)

@SOLO1906 

If "same issue" means that Origin is telling you that the code is already used, the only explanation is that you used a different account to register the games before.

Message 9 of 14 (6,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same email for 20+ years, so I've got no clue how that would be the case

Message 10 of 14 (6,057 Views)