Re: Cannot pick up weapon mods

by Zul_Tabris

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot pick up weapon mods

★ Novice

Hi,

Just playing through for the first time on the PC version of the game with the latest patch, and I can't seem to pick up weapon mods. I noticed it on priority:mars where none of the mods I picked up were available on the weapon bench in the mission, although afterwards they were available on the bench in the Normandy. I assumed I'd done something stupid on Mars, but now on priorityTongue outalaven I'm having the same issue: I try to pick up a mod, the animation plays, but there is no pop-up message and the mods are not available on the weapons bench.

Does anyone have a fix, or a workaround for this please?

Oh, as an aside when I booted up the game today progress towards most of my achievements appears to have been deleted, and also several achievements that I have finished (but not all of them?).

Message 1 of 5 (641 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

i had the same problem. i solved uninstalling the game and then installing without any patch

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (667 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Also, I should add I've tried restarting the mission and the game, and it makes no difference.

Message 2 of 5 (634 Views)

★★★ Novice

i had the same problem. i solved uninstalling the game and then installing without any patch

Message 3 of 5 (668 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't tell you what works but I can tell you what hasn't worked for me so hopefully you don't need to try the same things. Though I am playing on Xbox360, both PC and Xbox360 versions seem to have the same issue.

1. Deleting DLC doesn't work.
  2. I went so far as to re-format my hard drive because I thought I had some corrupt data. Didn't fix it.
  3. Someone said if you don't pick up the items during missions, you can buy them at Spectre Requisitions afterward. That didn't work for the mods, at least not for me.

I tried deleting the one update/patch that kyuros mentioned. But I haven't tested it yet because it looks like you'd have to start a new game to do so and I haven't had the time to test yet.

If you find something, let us know though.

Message 4 of 5 (609 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem with the assault rifle magazine upgrade during Priority Palaven.

Message 5 of 5 (521 Views)