Re: Can't use my Xbox 360 controller to play Mass Effect 1-3 on PC through Origi

by Dovahkiin520

Original Post

Re: Can't use my Xbox 360 controller to play Mass Effect 1-3 on PC through Origi

★★ Novice

How is it written? Is it +Suppressed=GamepadTrue or what? 

Message 31 of 38 (1,456 Views)

@Dovahkiin520

Written where?

If you want controller support for one of the ME games I would recommend to use one of the mods at The Nexus.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 32 of 38 (1,447 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

In the code, everything is there for controller support. And the mods just do the same thing, they rewrite the code to enable controller support. The guy that gave us instructions doesn't mention how the code should be written.

Message 33 of 38 (1,442 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Dovahkiin520

I honestly think he found this elsewhere on the net and did wrote down his version here. (Which is very hard to read because of the missing paragraphs.)

What he is referring to as "BIOSinput.ini" should be the "BIOInput.ini

Still, the mods are way easier and saver to install than to attempt editing a ini file with unclear instructions. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 34 of 38 (1,436 Views)

★★ Novice

While you are not wrong that downloading a mod is easier, it's more of an "I want to know" so where I can check for other console games that I have on PC and enable controller support if the code has already been written. Thank you for your responses. 

Message 35 of 38 (1,428 Views)

@Dovahkiin520

@Dovahkiin520 wrote:

While you are not wrong that downloading a mod is easier, it's more of an "I want to know" so where I can check for other console games that I have on PC and enable controller support if the code has already been written. Thank you for your responses. 

I understand ccompletely, it is more fun to figure it out. 

Message 36 of 38 (1,420 Views)

@Dovahkiin520

Sorry, overlooked the question in your post.

I doubt that there is "one" place. You will have to google this separately for each game that has this problem.

Message 37 of 38 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Xmaster1303 you keep saying that like people know what that means LOL you are basically speaking code if you do not know much about computers what you said is almost illegible
Message 38 of 38 (944 Views)