Re: Can't use my Xbox 360 controller to play Mass Effect 1-3 on PC through Origi

by Holger1405

Original Post

Re: Can't use my Xbox 360 controller to play Mass Effect 1-3 on PC through Origi

★★★★★ Expert

@tigertalon69 wrote:

Uuummmm................
'm NOT PLAYING THIS P.O.S. without my controller........... WTF!?!

As I said in this same thread almost three years ago:

==========================================

Let's see here...

Six-year old [now over 5 years for ME3] series +
Never  had controller support on the PC +
No claim or indication that it did +
Lots of information on the interwebz that it does not +
A link to a 3rd-Party utility that overcomes the majority of the problem =
ZERO SYMPATHY.

==========================================

Message 21 of 38 (2,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

THANDALNLYMAN if you are the type of 'Hero' that the Answers HQ produces then I am very sad indeed.

You replied to a person who is obviously experiencing the same level of frustration as you did reading the comment.

From someone who has reached your level, well I would have expected better.

Especially when you consider that the latest Bioware games, Inquisition and Andromeda, both support controllers on PC. It really isn't hard to see how people new to the franchise would be surprised to see that the more famous ME trilogy doesn't support a controller without third party mods.

Message 22 of 38 (2,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Followed all the instructions but the controller 🎮 doesn't show up on among the input settings when I open the game. Help please...
Message 23 of 38 (2,061 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@girlmafia66 wrote:
Followed all the instructions but the controller 🎮 doesn't show up on among the input settings when I open the game. Help please...

First thing to check is that the controller is enabled.

Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers

Find your controller and right click it. Click "Trouble Shoot".

Message 24 of 38 (2,034 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@voteDC

The goal of this forum is to help other gamers with their problems, that on the other hand requires that there is a request for help in the first place.

The post from tigertalon69 is nothing but a lesser tantrum and therefore borderline spam.

He failed to inform himself about a feature that is important to him and then he choose to spam this forum because of his self inflicted frustration.

That is not the purpose of this forum and @ThandalNLyman made that clear to him.

I would appreciate if we could leave it there and move on to help people as this forum is suppose to do.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 25 of 38 (2,031 Views)

[ Edited ]

@girlmafia66

If @mckrackin5324 suggestion is not helping you I would recommand to use the mods linked in this thread.

The use of this mods is normally far easier than the editing of game files. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 26 of 38 (2,026 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Holger1405 wrote:

@girlmafia66

If @mckrackin5324 suggestion is not helping you I would recommand to use the mods linked in this thread.

The use of this mods is normally far easier than the editing of game files. 

Yep. The mods I used from Nexus are straight "drop in" DLCs.

No tech skills required.

Drag the mod into the DLC file in Documents and the controller works. REALLY works. With XBox prompts and skill wheels.

Message 27 of 38 (2,021 Views)

★ Apprentice

Except you have to pay for a subscription to download a file from Nexusmods. A small detail that you glossed over.

Message 28 of 38 (1,855 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@NuklearRaver wrote:

Except you have to pay for a subscription to download a file from Nexusmods. A small detail that you glossed over.

You do not. I have never spent a dime at Nexus.

Look closer buddy.

Message 29 of 38 (1,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The Nexus is 100% free-to-use.  To download files over 2MB requires a no-cost registration.  During registration there is an OPTION to make a contribution to keep the site running.

(Been a Nexus member since 2009, and Staff there since 2010. 
Know what I'm talking about.  Angel )

Message 30 of 38 (1,839 Views)