Can't spend Bioware points

by Maleko

Original Post

Can't spend Bioware points

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I went to purchase some 1600 bioware points in game, said that it was unable to process my purchase.

So I went into the origin store directly to purchase them... firstly I noticed 1600 was £1 more in origin than in game.... So i purchased two 800 pints for £6 each...

Loaded the game up, 3200 bioware points...gah! My original purchase somehow went through.

That's not a biggy.

Anyway, I come to buy packs with the points and each time it says can not process my purchase!

I tried with some in game credits and worked fine, but selecting bioware points to purchase just fails!

Just tried again this morning and still the same problem....

Message 1 of 8 (3,159 Views)

Re: Can't spend Bioware points

★ Novice

Just tried to spend my leftover points on some powerups since they become useless from now on (new dragon age won't be using them) and it turns out I can't. Wtf EA?These points did cost some money after all.

Message 2 of 8 (3,083 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having this issue since I bought the game a week ago, very fraustrating, support was no help so I feel like i've wasted my time and money.

Message 3 of 8 (3,039 Views)

★★★ Novice

Store is broken, and has been for at least a month. They've frozen purchases with BWP for now. No idea when they'll fix it, if ever. 

Message 4 of 8 (3,033 Views)

★★ Novice

Frozen? I don't think they did that because I bought a 1600 bwp last week and here I am talking to tech support and trying to get this issue fix asap

Message 5 of 8 (2,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Update to this issue;

You cannot buy Veteran Packs, Premium Spectre Packs, Jumbo Equipment Packs, Arsenal Packs, or Reserves Packs with Bioware Points.

You *can* buy Spectre Packs for 160 Bioware Points.

Message 6 of 8 (2,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just got off the phone with EA regarding this issue. There is a serious bug with their Mass Effect 3 BioWare store and they've blocked purchasing ANY packs with BioWare points (you CAN still spend credits you earn in game, however).

If you open a chat with their customer support, they'll be able to refund your purchases for any remaining points (you'll need the order # and you can look that up in your Origin account online).

It would be great if they'd just issue a patch to remove that option so people would stop throwing money at EA for a function they no longer support...but my guess is that they intend to fix it at some point. Hopefully before ME4 comes out...

Message 7 of 8 (1,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Google'd this error and found that this has been an issue since the game came out and still no fix, guess I'll be getting a refund whenever this purchase process finishes.

Message 8 of 8 (1,744 Views)