Re: Can't purchase OMEGA DLC

by Jmper4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't purchase OMEGA DLC

★★★★ Novice

Been trying since yesterday but keep getting the same message -  once I select the payment option (it doesn't matter how I want to pay) and  I agree to terms and click pay, I get a General error message saying an error has occurred whilst trying to process request and to try again later.

I have contacted EA via chat yesterday and they said they are working aware of some technical issues but that it should be resolved shortly. 24 hours later and I'm in the same boat.

Also Origin doesn't have Omega as a DLC option on their own page so I cant buy it from there.

(I thought about buying credits via Origin but I only need 1200 and EA doesn't have that option,  Bioware is (supposedly) selling 1200 points for £9.00 and Origin only sell 800 for £8.00 or 1600 for £16.00 )

Why is there only one location to buy the DLC?

Message 1 of 5 (891 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

In case anyone else has the same issue - just choose another Bioware product and buy points through there - I did it through ME2. 

For some reason it's set up differently (even website looked different which gave me hope) and my purchase went through smoothly.

Then I went back to select Omega and after a couple of reloads for site to recognise my points I was able to complete purchase and rage download in Origin began automatically.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,222 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

In case anyone else has the same issue - just choose another Bioware product and buy points through there - I did it through ME2. 

For some reason it's set up differently (even website looked different which gave me hope) and my purchase went through smoothly.

Then I went back to select Omega and after a couple of reloads for site to recognise my points I was able to complete purchase and rage download in Origin began automatically.

Message 2 of 5 (1,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Omega, Citadel, and Leviathan do not even show up in the extra content tab in Origin.

I check ever-so-often for a sale (will not purchase at full price) and they are not even there anymore.

Message 3 of 5 (856 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, Bioware website is the only source for them - which is not ideal.

Message 4 of 5 (844 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Jmper4 wrote:

Omega, Citadel, and Leviathan do not even show up in the extra content tab in Origin.

I check ever-so-often for a sale (will not purchase at full price) and they are not even there anymore.

@Jmper4; Your choice, obviously.  But outside of GotY editions and similar full-game bundles, I've never seen the ME-series DLC "on-sale".  So you may be waiting quite a while...

Message 5 of 5 (807 Views)