Re: Can't launch game Windows 10 no error message

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't launch game Windows 10 no error message

★★★ Novice

I bought Mass Effect 3 on Origin, but can't seem to play it. Every time I click on the orange play button, the menu disappears.. and nothing happens. The menu reappears with no error message. I've tried repairing, running as admin, clearing origin cache, using ccleaner, uninstall/reinstalling the game, restarting and reinstalling origin, changing compatibility mode to windows 7, run the app through the game files, and every common fix with no success.  

Message 1 of 4 (661 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Update: I've tried it and that didn't work. But I found similar cases to my problem and fixed it! I replaced the EACore.dll and awc.dll folder with another version and it works now. Thanks for the suggestion.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (604 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Speedyhugh

Have you also tried to disable/add ME3 as an exception to any antivirus software that you have installed on your PC? This article might be helpful to you.

I'd also recommend to do a clean boot.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I agree that a clean boot might help you find the cause of the problem. Some background processes don't play along with EA's games, especially software by Razer. Antivirus programs are also known to cause issues with certain Origin games. As far as I know, Mass Effect 3 wasn't one of them, but who knows what Avast and AVG have been up to when I wasn't looking. Try to launch the game with antivirus disabled.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Update: I've tried it and that didn't work. But I found similar cases to my problem and fixed it! I replaced the EACore.dll and awc.dll folder with another version and it works now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 4 (605 Views)