by weaslexxx

Original Post

Re: Can't get ME 3 to run

★★ Novice

Hello? Anyone out there?

Message 11 of 31 (1,180 Views)

★ Novice

Same here, Looks like installer is broken and has been that way for months.

Problem 1. Clean install fails

it trys to install old versions of directx, deleting the old versions then causes the  validity check to fail as it counts directx install as part of the game files.

Should be using some smarter checking for exisiting versions or at least updating the package with the latest updates.

Problem 2. Verify game contents fails

Same reason as problem 1

Problem 3. Cant launch game

Comes up with Origin not running and closes. This happens when launched from Origin.

Going to install a crack, as I have no faith that EA will do anything now it ahs my money.

Message 12 of 31 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Got it working,

Recently did a fresh install of windows, was running origin from its install location fine but was not listed as an installed app and had no origin entries in my registry. ran the origin web installer and mass effect 3 now working. Tried origin /register before hand as admin but that didn't  fix the problem.

Problem 4.

I am guessing the error message in the game is wrong and its looking for some registry entry to tell what executable should be running. 

Problem 5

the /register option when running origin does not infact do anything, at least not enough that re-running the installer required.

Message 13 of 31 (1,151 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I had always been able to run ME3, but after the recent Origin update, I was getting issues similar to the ones you guys have been having...

I would launch ME3 from the desktop shortcut, as I always would, and it would tell me that the cloud syncing was occuring, and then Origin would start up, and nothing else would happen. When I launched it from Origin, nothing at all would happen. Similar issue when launching from the game file. I reinstalled ME 3 (that was a fun 3hr download) and it still didn't work. Afterwards, I reinstalled Origin itself (without uninstalling the game) and ME3 worked as normal. Note: I only use ME3 on PC for multiplayer--there may be an issue with your campaign saves if you use this method, but one way or another, ME3 is working for me again.

Message 14 of 31 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also got the same problem just few days ago. ME3 was working fine until then

Message 15 of 31 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Reinstalling origin in another folder solved the issue

Message 16 of 31 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have still same problem. I can't play Mass Effect 3 anymore.

I did almost everything written in this post, but the problem is still exist.

Re-installing Origin to different directory - didn't work.

"regedit" cleaning then re-installing Origin - didn't work.

I didn't try re-installing game but looks like that doesn't work either.

Message 17 of 31 (1,056 Views)

★ Novice

Why is it telling me I need an online pass to play mass effect??  And something aboutt DLC is unregistered.  This error is new

Message 18 of 31 (1,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game keeps checking for downloadable content and stays there help.

Message 19 of 31 (1,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I played yesterday, today it crashed the second it started to load and never even got into the game. No crash report. No error. Just that it had a problem. Now it is downloading and reinstalling the entire Mass Effect 3 and all of the DLCs again.

Message 20 of 31 (1,019 Views)