Re: Can't get ME 3 to run

by engel5

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I was using nvidia 344.75 drivers. Installing 347.09 driver solved my problem. Looks like there was a problem with software driver or GeForce Experience.

Message 21 of 31 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Had exactly the same problem, tied running ME3 on a computer i had happily played it on about 3-6 months ago and nothing. I got around this in windows 8 by changing the mass effect 3 executable (found in for my computer C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32) to windows 7 compatibility and running as admin. I know this dos'nt help all the people running windows 7 unless they want to try running in vista or xp compatibility mode.

just for accuracy sake i did update graphics drivers and re-install origin (to no sucess) before i tried this

Message 22 of 31 (1,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey all,

I had the same issue. I was able to fix it by going into the properties of the Mass Effect.exe file and changing the compatibility mode to Windows 7. Maybe that'll work for some of you?

FCF

Message 23 of 31 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oh my god, what a stupid **bleep** bug, also you are the best person, was about to rage at ea support about this but then you, like an angel out of the sky, and save the day, you are the real mvp. i <3 you

Message 24 of 31 (1,057 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am using windows 10 it has the same problem

Message 25 of 31 (775 Views)

@engel5

I gave you suggestions for this problem in this thread, did you tried what I proposed?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 26 of 31 (764 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am using direct x version 12 could that be the problem?

Message 27 of 31 (757 Views)

@engel5

@engel5 wrote:

I am using direct x version 12 could that be the problem?

No.

Again, did you tried what I suggested? 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 28 of 31 (735 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did also it did not worked should I copy and paste the new flies or not?

Message 29 of 31 (723 Views)

★ Novice

Program ran a month or so ago - started up, got a new Origin update and Mass Effect 3 just sits in the EA frame won't do anything.

Faulting application name: MassEffect3.exe, version: 1.5.5427.124, time stamp: 0x50d4cab0

Faulting module name: EACore.dll, version: 3.2.4.10, time stamp: 0x4f1370dc

Exception code: 0xc0000094

Fault offset: 0x001a6ecb

Faulting process id: 0x16a8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3dfcd39d18f0f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\binaries\Win32\MassEffect3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\MASSEF~1\binaries\Win32\Core\EACore.dll

Report Id: 779c749e-4bc0-11e8-8412-74d02bc47e7e

Every other game on my PC runs fine.  Validated the Windows install, ran the windows corruption scans, checked the installation with DaRT, made sure the app is in compatibility mode, tried it without, tried xp, put it back to 7 .... 

I don't really care if EA stops supporting or QA'ing  a game with the updates - but let the game run independently if QA isn't going to test it anymore. 

Message 30 of 31 (564 Views)