Can't change key bindings suddenly + powers and items unavailable [Multiplayer]

by Luyan-Naum

Original Post

Can't change key bindings suddenly + powers and items unavailable [Multiplayer]

★★ Apprentice

I have 300 hours into this game in total, and I've been playing regularly for a week or two lately. I completed a few multiplayer sessions yesterday, but today when I started a game, the key bindings had been replaced out of the blue, without notifying me, and when I tried to change them, they wouldn't work.

For instance, I put walking to the left as ''a'' and whenever I go to the key bindings option, tha ''a'' is there as the walking to the left key, but in game pressing ''a'' just doesn't do a thing.

Even worst, some default keys don't work anymore either. The powers and use of consommables appear in the key bindings list in options, but not in game. That means I can only walk and shoot and only with the default buttons, no power or consommable available. Count on Origin to start a mess where everything was just fine.

Message 1 of 7 (1,006 Views)

Re: Can't change key bindings suddenly + powers and items unavailable [Multiplay

@Luyan-Naum

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME3 > Repair)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (975 Views)

Re: Can't change key bindings suddenly + powers and items unavailable [Multiplay

★★ Apprentice

Huh, no, that doesn't work.

Message 3 of 7 (929 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Never heard of this before.

Any mods?

Message 4 of 7 (921 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Luyan-Naum

What @ThandalNLyman said.

Plus what do you mean by "That doesn't work"? Is the Repair function not working or did it make no difference?

Make sure Origin and the game are closed.

Then move the "BIOGame" folder and the "Profile" folder from your  "Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2" folder to your desktop. > test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 7 (914 Views)

★★ Apprentice

• No mods, since I re-installed this game I have yet to start a campaign game.

• Repairing is the first thing I tried, it checked and stuff, but that didn't help.

Message 6 of 7 (780 Views)

If you go ingame and try to change your key bindings, does it activate as waiting to input and doesn't accept anything??

Cause it kinda sounds like the game is looking at a different keyboard as the default keyboard instead of the one you want.  Something to check is look into your connected items and see if it lists an alternate keyboard or input device and remove it, also unplug any additional controllers or touchpads, etc....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 7 (771 Views)