Can I play my game without Origin being involved?

by 1bushgirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I play my game without Origin being involved?

★★★ Novice

I've seen this launcher format before, it's a nice tool for you guys to try to sell me other games, BUT in the middle of gameplay (Mass Effect 3) the game suddenly closes with a message saying it's an Origin issue (Origin's not working or connected or something like that).

If I've downloaded this single player game information, why do I have to be connected to anything?

If the issue is with Origin and not my game, can I get rid of the damned thing and continue my gameplay please?

Message 1 of 19 (152,372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I play my game without Origin being involved?

★ Guide

Quite understandable that you're frustrated with a game that doesn't work :/

Googled a bit and found some more possible solutions to your problem (not that they are particularly fun but they might help):

As you can see most of the solutions that I found seams to be circling around reinstalling the origin client, not that fun but it was what I was able to find.

View in thread

Message 5 of 19 (171,328 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

It's impossible to play mass effect 3 without origin as far as I know. However, there seams to be a way to disable Origin in game. According to EAs official help you can do this through these steps:

• Click "Origin" on the top menu bar and select  "Application Settings...".
  • Select the "In Game" tab.
  • Uncheck "Enable Origin in Game", then restart Origin.

I hope it solves your problem. If not, give us feel free to ask again and I'll see if I can find some other solution (a bit more information would be appreciated though. Eg. any error codes you can find, origin version, game version, system preferences, etc.)

Note, step by step for disabling Origin in game comes from this article at EAs official help center.

Message 2 of 19 (152,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yah I figured that out on my own right after I posted that... I went through all the Origin stuff and unchecked near all of it.  I checked out all the system req stuff and it should be alright as well (as well as firewall checks, etc)

I managed to get another 10 mins of gameplay in, finally taking down the 2 nasties that I was having trouble with (cuz I'm not a shooter girl), and bam.. sucker crashes on me.. right as the second nasty did.  That's the 8th time it's crashed since I started playing it 6 hours ago.

I downloaded this game because I wanted a cool game, where I can be a strong female character, and not have to deal with the annoying people on chat like my other regular mmorpg.  Just a nice single player I could immerse myself in, relax and enjoy the ride...

Now I'm about ready to punch the crap out of my monitor.

The visuals are amazing, the storyline is gripping; a stellar rpg, from what I can see.  I figured to download meant I'd just get a game, like back in the old days where you bought a nintendo cartridge, and just jammed it in the machine. Done.

Now I just charged my Visa for a super beautiful game, free with advertising and social networking I don't want, that won't play.

Message 3 of 19 (152,286 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry for RAWRing.. I'm just sad.

Message 4 of 19 (152,289 Views)

★ Guide

Quite understandable that you're frustrated with a game that doesn't work :/

Googled a bit and found some more possible solutions to your problem (not that they are particularly fun but they might help):

As you can see most of the solutions that I found seams to be circling around reinstalling the origin client, not that fun but it was what I was able to find.

Message 5 of 19 (171,329 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okie dokes.  After playing with settings and restarting a couple times, it's now staying on a fairly long time.  I made an extra character in easy mode, so it's just such a big deal when it poofs, and I've managed to stay on for at least 3 hours. 

I'll wait a day or two and see if it settles down, and if not I'll just try re-downloading.  I'm also going to try to run it as administrator right now and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks. Standard smile

Message 6 of 19 (152,274 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When my internet goes down, I want to be able to play my single player game. I don't play multi-player. Perhaps I should stip downloading single player games, and buy the box But I don't know if Origin would still be involved.

Message 7 of 19 (144,742 Views)

★ Guide

The two first game in the serie doesn't require the Origin client to play so for them you would be fine. However, as far as I know, the third one requires Origin game client. This is disregarding if you buy them through Origin or the disks. Though, I'm not sure you'll be able to play the two first without Origin if you bought them on Origin.

Message 8 of 19 (144,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. I don't know about the other games you mention. How can I set up my game to play without being connected to Origin? I can make that choice on Steam. If I can't have that on Origin games, I won't choose more games from there. Actually, I didn't. It was Amazon I bought from and they directed me to Origin for download.

I have frequent internet disconnects, some last hours. That's why I want games I can play without needing the internet connection.

Message 9 of 19 (144,697 Views)

★ Guide

Well, it shouldn't come as a suprise that you got the wrong answer since you're in the forum for Mass Effect 3...

However, a quick google search gave me this article from EA help:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-guide-to-dragon-age-inquisition/

Message 10 of 19 (144,669 Views)